Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need new SIM tray & SIM card for 3G?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Need new SIM tray & SIM card for 3G?
    I have been away from here for a few. To save some cash,I downgraded from my iPhone 3G to save some cash. Anyway, I still have my 3G and was planning on selling it. Cousin's 5 year old got a hold of it,shoved a pen in the SIM card tray and was able to open it and bent the SIM in half. So now I need a new SIM and a new SIM card tray. Can I pick these up at the local AT&T store?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

New sim you will have to get at AT&T. They might have an extra sim tray laying around even. Otherwise just google for the sim tray Black Sim Card Tray Holder For Apple iPhone 3G, 3GS - Apple iPhone 3G

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ianbroste For This Useful Post:

jmy2469 (2010-06-08)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Let me ask you this, I am going to be looking to sell this. They need to activate the SIM,correct? I am going to bring my phone with me when I go to pick this up.What is the easiest way of doing this? I no longer use my iPhone,but need a SIM and new tray in order to sell this.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If you are just selling the phone then don't sell it with the sim in it. Whoever buys the phone will just put their sim card in it. If you are using a different phone get a sim card from AT&T and they can change your plan according to whatever phone you will be using I'm pretty sure.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ianbroste For This Useful Post:

jmy2469 (2010-06-08)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Got it! I am selling the phone. The SIM that was in there is wrecked. I'll get a new tray though, kid screwed that up too.Thanks for the info