Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Switching sims to phone on same account..

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Switching sims to phone on same account..
    As we all know the new iphone has got us all excited! I have two lines on my account; Mine and my gf's. Mine is not available for upgrade hers is. She doesn't care for the new iphone she's happy with her 3gs and not that into technology stuff. She rather buy a new pair of heels and some clothes then get the new iphone. So my question is what if I upgrade her line to the new iphone when it comes out and then just put my sim card in it. Will I have the new iphone on my phone number??? Will her phone still work as well? Has anyone done something like this before?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Yes, I do this all the time. None of the 3 others on my account care to get new phones. So I use their upgrades for my phone craziness. They simply apply it to that line then switch it over to your line. Very easily done.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Yes, I do this all the time. None of the 3 others on my account care to get new phones. So I use their upgrades for my phone craziness. They simply apply it to that line then switch it over to your line. Very easily done.
    but would IMEI number on her 3gs get shut down since she technically upgraded it to the new iphone?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Nope. Wont hurt a thing. They just put the sim number she had before back in. Don't worry, I do this all the time. Be sure to do it in store though. Seems easier with the sales people doing it there. Basically they upgrade her phone, then instantly change it back to her old information. Then just put it on your line.

Again don't worry. I do this all the time with my 3 other lines upgrades.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

3gs1289 (2010-06-08)