Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS fm transmitter kills gps

Default 3GS fm transmitter kills gps
    It started a few weeks ago when my trusty little FM transmitter stopped broadcasting. It was a $5 china special I got on Ebay, and it worked flawlessly for months. I Like listening to audiobooks while using the TOMTOM app. It connects to the cig lighter to keep it charged at the same time. I ordered a new one, but now I had a new problem. "this accessory does not work with...." error message popups when charging with any charger. I rebooted etc, then cleaned the bottom jack with alcohol, and that seemed to get rid of the messages. Now when I use the FM trans, my GPS signal is either intermittent, or gone completely. When I unplug the device, the GPS works. When I charge via a different auto charger, it works fine. So my conclusion is this particular FM device is bad, or I have a faulty jack? Or do you have any other process that may be causing this? Thanks!

3GS jailbroken with blackrain 3.1.2 WINDOWS XP

sounds like a POS transmitter to me. u may have to dish out the cash for a better one

Quote Originally Posted by s4boost View Post
    sounds like a POS transmitter to me. u may have to dish out the cash for a better one

I suspect you're right, but it works great at the FM part. Wonder why it screws up the GPS chip?