Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pre orders on new iPhone ?

Default Pre orders on new iPhone ?
    Noted on the live blog that pre orders will start on the 15th
    and the phone itself want be available until the 24th..,

sooo... If I'm doing an upgrade do I order on AT&T website as early as the 15th? Or do I place an order at the apple store?

*update called AT&T and they said pre orders will be taken on the apple website - even for customers doing upgrades

does this sound right?
    Last edited by silent1643; 2010-06-08 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sounds right to me.

You might want to put that update in red or something. I almost answered your question before going that far.

@skizo
    sorry was on my phone posting at the time

didn't know if that sounded right - the lady put me on hold two times to ask her supervisor about the pre orders - she didn't even know about it when i first asked

also found this little tid bit -
    Re: Can you pre-order on the 15th if you are upgra... - AT&T Wireless Community
    Last edited by silent1643; 2010-06-08 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

haha, ive called at&t twice today and apple once with similar questions. i dont think they were prepared either

how many units will each apple store get ???, do you want to wait hours, possibly all night in line to get an iphone 4, or even pick up your pre-order and they are sold out? I think pre-orders go first, but even then could be gone..
    I will probably just get it in the mail.
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

Thanks

I called 611 and 2 different stores here in Hawaii and they all said same thing, you can do the reserve on the 15th in a AT&T Store or via Apple online.

June 15th!!! I cant waitttt

what about us Brits in the UK what do we do!

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

till what date will we be able to pre-order?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manickbarry View Post
    what about us Brits in the UK what do we do!
    o2 are taking pre orders on the 15th and it will go on sale also on the 24th same as the US

In know that but I need a price!

Green Apple
    Thanks

phoned my mate there who works for o2 and he said nothing will be released until closer to the 15th so might be a few days yet before we see some prices

That's just not fair why do we have to wait :-(

iPhone? More like MyPhone sunshinejenn03's Avatar
    Thanks

I got up early last year and waited in line, but I don't want to do that this year, just because I live further away from work now.

So my question is for the folks who pre-ordered from Apple last year: Did you get your phone in the mail on launch day?

I'm going to pre order online -chances are the guys at the AT&T store will be using the same website as well if you shoe up there

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sirius389's Avatar
    Thanks

My friend is a Manager at the AT&T store I always go to to get my iPhones. He said on the 15th you pay for the phone in full, then on the 24th you come back and pick it up. Seems simple enough to me, lol.

Also by pre-ordering he said I wouldn't have to wait in the long line that will probably be there.

**edit** yeah, yeah, this is the internet, and some of you may choose to believe I am lying. That is on you. I don't really care, lol. Just trying to share what I know about the process. =)
    -Nicole

i guess we will know more as the days progress - i might try to hit up a local store on the 15th - i just hope the internet doesn't crash on that day :P

Well I'm ordering on line I hate ques

o2 now states iPhone out on the 24th but no pre order yet or prices
    Last edited by manickbarry; 2010-06-09 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius389 View Post
    My friend is a Manager at the AT&T store I always go to to get my iPhones. He said on the 15th you pay for the phone in full, then on the 24th you come back and pick it up. Seems simple enough to me, lol.

Also by pre-ordering he said I wouldn't have to wait in the long line that will probably be there.

**edit** yeah, yeah, this is the internet, and some of you may choose to believe I am lying. That is on you. I don't really care, lol. Just trying to share what I know about the process. =)
    I dont see why anyone would think or call you a liar. A lot of people have friends in the know or are able to give them the hook up. Plus, I'm just happy that you are able to help shed some light on the pre-order issue which is a bit confusing for me to understand (mainly because the news of the iphone is still really fresh and a lot of questions with little concrete answers yet... but im sure they will all be answered all in due time).

But you seem to have answered one of the questions I've been wondering about, that being if you pre-order and choose to pick it up in store would you have to wait in line with those who havent pre-ordered. Because I'm going to be ticked off if I preorder and have to wait in line with everyone who didnt only to have my prepaid iphone and all of the other iphones soldout before I get inside and have to wait till the next shipment (doubt that would happen but you never know).

Do you know if you preorder and have it shipped to you if you'll receive it on june 24th or if it will ship on june 24th?
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!