Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 available unsubsidized?

Default iPhone 4 available unsubsidized?
    Will the iPhone 4 be available unsubsidized at full price?

Can it be preordered at full price?

Don't have AT&T I'm planning on jailbreaking and unlocking when I get my hands on one!!

I just read this about AT&T pricing:

No commitment pricing is also available for Apple's handsets. While they do not require a two-year term commitment, both voice and data service is necessary to buy an iPhone 4 or iPhone 3GS.

However, it does not specify how much voice and data is and if you need to sign a contract for this or can only get it for a month.
    Last edited by allanes5; 2010-06-08 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I read on mashable (I think it was mashable) they would be available for $499 and $599

I hope we can get it off contract, I wouldn't mind paying that much. Especially with the camera and screen quality. Definitely worth the buck. Not sure if it's enough to replace my 3GS yet.

Same here. I'm not too anxious about getting one. Although I must admit the idea of having one gets better and better. Mainly just for the speed and battery. Who needs such a high resolution on such a small screen. It's so high that your eyes can't even register some of it. Lol wtf.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zystem View Post
    Same here. I'm not too anxious about getting one. Although I must admit the idea of having one gets better and better. Mainly just for the speed and battery. Who needs such a high resolution on such a small screen. It's so high that your eyes can't even register some of it. Lol wtf.
    I question that same thing all the time. Why need such high res for a tiny screen and the iPhone 4 is going beyond normal eye vision? I want the A4 chip. The iPad is quick and can't wait for that in the iPhone.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

the 3gs was 649~ IIRC when it was first released. I dont see it being much cheaper than that.

I bought my 3GS at the Apple store when it came out at full price last June.

A couple months after I wanted to buy my wife one at the same Apple store and was told I couldn't buy an iPhone at full price unless I was an existing AT&T customer.

So what's it gonna be this time??? I need to get two..... One for me... One for the wife!!