Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs diassembly

Default 3gs diassembly
    Is there a simple guide to disassemble iPhone 3gs as i need to change back cover,is it easy to do
    thanks

If you go to you tube,They have great videos there, But i don't think i seen one for real back housing disassembly, i have done a few but they are a little tricky, what were you planing on doing, i would recommend buying a complete back housing with all parts installed. you could order them on ebay, if you buy one from a us seller, then your looking at about 100 dollars for the complete housing with parts. but if you buy from china then you could get one for about 60 dollars, the only thing with that it takes fore ever to get it.

Thanks I just want to swap back cover as mine is rubbish condition

The only problem with buying just the back housing, is you have to glue the bezel on, you have to glue the little silver ring that goes on top for the headphones, then you have to disassemble the earphone flex cable and the screws are very small, the mounting plastic for the camera assembly has a sticky sticker on it you have to remove that and put it on the new back housing. i tell you the first 3 time i did that, i totally messed up. i went ahead and bought the pre assemble part. i have done about 10 of them now and i am getting better at it, but man even getting the bezel to stay on after gluing it on and getting glue on the housing, was not fun. i always wanted to post a video on you tube on that. maybe i will one day.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Excel Wiz's Avatar
    Thanks

iFixIt.com has some good guides.

MacBook Pro 15" Core i7|4GB|500GB|HiRes
    iPhone 4 16GB
    iPhone 3G 8GB