Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: MAC: iTunes not recognising iPhone 3GS after reboot

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default MAC: iTunes not recognising iPhone 3GS after reboot
    Hey.

I'm currently going through a problem with my iPhone and Mac.
    I recently purchased a 27" iMac with the i5 processor.

Throughout the couple of days, syncing to iPhone through iTunes was normal, but now all of a sudden, iTunes isn't recognising my iPhone at all.

When I plug in my iPhone 3GS to my Mac, only iPhoto pops up and that's it. No indictation of an iPhone detection is shown on my iTunes.

I've followed every solution I could find (different ports, restarting iPhone, restarting Mac). However, I did try Apple's solution of uninstalling iTunes and re-installing the AppleMobileDevice and iTunes. It works.

But everytime I restart or shut down my iMac, iTunes continues to not recognise my iPhone, until I re-install iTunes again. I've been doing this for a while, but it's annoying me that I have to keep on re-installing iTunes over and over again.

Has anyone figured out a solution?

Thanks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

Delete files in temp directory if on a pc. Restart computer unplug iPhone first. Then retry. If that does not work you might need to enter services then turn off all apple services and then restart them. This is if you are on a pc, if on a mac I am not sure of the steps. Hope it helps.

Yeah just read your post again. I am not sure what is going on.
    Last edited by brianmarocco; 2010-06-05 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

...you think that because Mac is from Apple, they would make a simple solution for this.

I had a Windows when I bought my iPhone - and had no problems.