Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What are YOU doing to get ready for the release of the new iPhone?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Default What are YOU doing to get ready for the release of the new iPhone?
    The questions simple; What are YOU doing to prepare/get ready for the release of the new iPhone (Be it financially, selling old items, saving...etc)? How are you getting ready for the release of the new iPhone? Do you plan on waiting a while after the release to get the iPhone or do you plan on camping out to try and get the new iPhone on day one?
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Cursing AT&T and myself for not being eligible for an upgrade... My timing to get an iPhone 3G was terrible lol
    iPhone 3G 4.2.1 - iPod touch 3G 5.0 Beta 1
    Windows 7 - OS X 10.5.6

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xXrkidXx View Post
    Cursing AT&T and myself for not being eligible for an upgrade... My timing to get an iPhone 3G was terrible lol
    Yea my upgrade isnt supposed to happen until 1/1/2011 but I'm sure I can get around that since my original iPhone's screen went blank and they tried to tell me I had water damage (which wasnt the case because I dropped the phone, not got it wet). They tried to tell me it was due to water damage and asked me if I tried to take a phone call while I was in the shower (i know lol) so I told them " No, I didnt try to answer a call while in the shower and NO I dont use my iphone as a rubber ducky and no Im not 9 years old so I dont have rubber duckies anymore." So they allowed me to get a new one by using an early upgrade when I was only 5 months into my 2 year contract which began 1/2009. So Im sure if I argue enough or concoct some sob story about my iphones messed up they'll allow me to get another early upgrade again lol.

I'm never worried or frantic about the new item coming out but happy my current 3G is working well.
    I'll get the new one when my contract is up and sit back and read the reviews until then.
    I never buy the first of anything.......... urrr first iphone...
    then goes on sale for half price.........first ipad.......WIFI?
    3G comes out a month later......
    Blackberry storm.....well......you know! ugh!

I may try for an early upgrade after all the smoke and craziness has cleared .....

I like having a good cache of reviews so I know what I'm in store for when I upgrade.
    Kenny S>

straight from brooklyn better know as crooklyn (crooklyn dodgers)
    Thanks

Well me i'am ready good to go lol I have all the iPhones that came out since 2007 iPhone 8gig silverblack got it the second week that was release all my iPhone are mint!!! I mean mint/new lol I take care of my stuff for real ask wife lol I order my 6 v- moda headphones already lol don't ask me why is my six one... I can't wait getting the 64gig iPhone 4g if is true they have a 64!! Other than that everything to go money is nothing when it comes to the iPhone lol yeah son I was going to post some pictures of all my iPhone I never did so ya could tell me if they look new lol which I know they do...can't wait till Monday I'll be working but it's all good no not selling none of my iPhones oh yeah I got a 16gig itouch first gen.. Like I said everything to go...

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Selling everything I own for a factory unlocked one :P

Lol well half of that is true. Gonna sell my 3G and basically work my butt off to cover the what is it? $600 difference? Damn... The things people do for iPhones.

I would never do this for any other phone...

Thanks

I'll wait for a month or two then buy it. I'll wait to I see what bugs are reported first and then buy.

selling one of my legs eBay,
    hurry, you still have 6d 23hr 15 minutes and 87 seconds,
    that should cover the phone...
    Then I've been staking out a Credit Union, If I get away with it.. that should cover my new ATT bill.
    when all else fails, someones got to deliver the new phones to the stores... I can always intercept them and hijack the goods as a Plan C.

Just kidding everyone just anxiously waiting like everyone else.
    Something Hidden in iPhone 4---Steve Jobs twitter

Ummm...it's the launch of a new iPhone model, not a trip to the moon. I don't think this is something that really needs to be prepared for.

Now, if you had asked what I was doing to prepare for the apocalypse, I could have told you about all the boxes of twinkies I have stored in my basement...

I am preparing for the price of the 4th gen to drop on eBay so I don't have to sell my soul to AT&T.

Well, I will give my 3gs to my mother since she loves the "craps" and chinese poker games on my iphone and I will use her number to upgrade. She didnt upgrade her phone for 3 years. She deserved a beat up old 3gs from me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mitchell209's Avatar
    Thanks

Won't even be buying it.

Although I will definitely be watching the keynote on Monday.

Nothing. I'm with T-Mobile and there's no way in hell I'm paying what they'll be going for on Ebay or wharever. Ah well, I'm happy with my 3GS for now.

I'm planning on Getting it the very first day it's out. I've never "camped out" or anything like that for a device, but I ink it's a good time to start. I'll be buying it full price since I dint want to lose my unlimited data. I'll then sell my mint condition, jailbroken 3GS.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by isaac65 View Post
    I'm planning on Getting it the very first day it's out. I've never "camped out" or anything like that for a device, but I ink it's a good time to start. I'll be buying it full price since I dint want to lose my unlimited data. I'll then sell my mint condition, jailbroken 3GS.
    If you already have the unlimited data plan with a contract you can keep it. They wont make you change it. Only new customers have to choose one of the new data plans.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

iPhone? More like MyPhone VaderForce's Avatar
    Thanks

If it's the new iPhone I want one!. Funds are not a problem as I have attachment issues for my Apple products. Lol

Thanks

I havent decided yet which of the following paths I will take but most likely either B or C;
    A)preorder and have it shipped to me (very unlikely, I have to have it day one)
    B) Preorder and pick it up in store at my local Apple store at the opening of the Apple store on June 24(Apple.com says that this is an option.... this is most likely the plan of attack I will take)
    C) Get my you know what up at 4:00 AM june 24th, Fill my thermos mug full of hot coffee, get me a box of hot fresh donuts, grab my book sack and pack my morning wall street journal, a pack of cig's, my "Protection" (its gonna be 4 am and I'm gonna be by myself and I'll be damned if I get robbed), grab my Lawn chair and drive over to the the local apple store at the mall (its an outside/free standing apple store so no having to ninja my way into the locked mall) and wait till they open (which i would imagine would be around 7).

I plan on putting the purchase on my credit card and then using the money I get for my birthday a few days later to pay for for the purchase placed on my card....

I plan on getting the Black 16gb (not feeling the white version nor do I feel like I need the 32gb version) and MobileMe so I can have FindmyI in case someone steals my iphone or I lose it...

Think my 18 months is up this week, lucky timing really. As far as I know on o2 you can exchange an iPhone for 150 so with any luck will only be a small amount to upgrade. I've got my final law exams in 9 days time so that will keep me busy til 24th!

I have never camped out at a store before but I think I might this time 4am outside the o2 shop yep and as Wilbourn said a thermos full of coffee and smokes job done!

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

agreed with soulthoughts wait and see then go cash a paycheck and walk over to my local att store to purchase a 16 gig WHITE iphone4
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast