Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What are YOU doing to get ready for the release of the new iPhone?

wow just checked the o2 site and apparently I can get the new iphone free of charge plus cash in my old 3g for 173, score

do you think they care if it's jailbroken? guess i just do a system restore...

iPhone? More like MyPhone sunshinejenn03's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not doing anything. Once I get it, I'll sell my 3GS on eBay (or here) and put the funds I used to purchase the phone back into savings.
    Guess I'll do a backup before I sell, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by sunbeam83 View Post
    wow just checked the o2 site and apparently I can get the new iphone free of charge plus cash in my old 3g for 173, score

do you think they care if it's jailbroken? guess i just do a system restore...
    how!!! I gona look now

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

O2 | New iPhone | Early Upgrade Offer

if you know when your contract is due to end it tells you, or if not you can find out tomorrow

never looked into the o2 site before, there's loads of info there

you still have to pay for the phone you just dont get charged for the early upgrade!

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to manickbarry For This Useful Post:

sunbeam83 (2010-06-09)

yeah sadly i realised that just after posting

i'm going to change my tariff to a cheaper one and should be able to get the iphone 4 for about 80 after giving them the old 3g

who needs 32gb anyways!

edit:

BTW, just saw on electricpig that someone had used the iphone chat service thing and was given this response:

"The iPhone 4 pricing will be the same as our current 3Gs models."

So the 16gb will be 250, 32gb 299 on the 24month 25 tariff

pretty good
    Last edited by sunbeam83; 2010-06-09 at 11:15 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sunbeam83 For This Useful Post:

manickbarry (2010-06-09)

Im happy with that

I'm still happy I have my 3GS, I will eventually get the iPhone 4 if it becomes jb'd and unlocked, but for the meantime I'm sticking to my 3GS since I honestly do like the layout better. I just want the dang flash + 720p recording from the new iPhone.

But I just need to be patient, FOR once.. Just wait a year and not buy the darn iPhone, and wait for the next version instead. I got suckered into buying the 3GS as well, I loved my 3G and thought the update to 3GS wasn't so big, but then I saw one on display, started playing with it, definitely noticed the speed increase and somehow that alone got me wanting one.

If anything, what am I doing to get ready for the release of the new iPhone? Staying away from the iPhone 4 and not even glancing at it when I'm at a store and see it on display.
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08

Quote Originally Posted by RaiV3R View Post
    I'm still happy I have my 3GS, I will eventually get the iPhone 4 if it becomes jb'd and unlocked, but for the meantime I'm sticking to my 3GS since I honestly do like the layout better. I just want the dang flash + 720p recording from the new iPhone.

But I just need to be patient, FOR once.. Just wait a year and not buy the darn iPhone, and wait for the next version instead. I got suckered into buying the 3GS as well, I loved my 3G and thought the update to 3GS wasn't so big, but then I saw one on display, started playing with it, definitely noticed the speed increase and somehow that alone got me wanting one.

If anything, what am I doing to get ready for the release of the new iPhone? Staying away from the iPhone 4 and not even glancing at it when I'm at a store and see it on display.
    I can see you getting one quite soon then

i'm just glad i soldiered on with the 3g for all this time, such a fluke that my contract ends within a week of release

the release date is actually the date of my final exam ever in life, so it's all been weirdly flukey

rav3r will have the iphone 4s drop on me though

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

This is working out well for me. I have a brand new never been opened non refurbished white 3gs 16gig, being sent to me from apple this week as a replacement phone, for the 4th time now. Hence the non refurb.

So I decided since I am good for a upgrade that it will be hitting ebay as soon as I get it. I have thirty days to send back my old phone. So that will give me plenty of time to preorder the new white 32gig iphone and get it before sending mine back.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Haha, yeah it's going to be extra hard not to get the latest in the iPhone craze, but I'm really really going to try not to give in this time like I did with the 3GS.

Either way, even if I do want it, not like I can go ahead and buy it. Since I'm not with AT&T so I'll need a carrier unlock, and it's still too early to even think about an unlock the iPhone 4.
    Last edited by RaiV3R; 2010-06-10 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Typo, =P
    iPhone 32GB 3GS - iOS 4.2.1 - BB: 5.11.07
    iPhone 16GB 3G - 3.1.3 - BB: 4.28.08

Well, since I have a factory unlocked 3G[S] now, I think I will just sell my AT&T 3G[S] on ebay since it can be restored to 3.0, 3.1, 3.1.2 or 3.1.3. I just hope that an unlock for the 5.12.xx baseband comes out so that it will also be unlockable and drive up the value a little more. Then I will look into getting a factory unlocked black 32GB iphone 4. The factory unlock is where it's at. Even if I lose my jailbreak, I can still use the stock phone anywhere in the world that uses SIM cards. I am currently using my 3G[S] to surf the net in Afghanistan, and it's awesome.

I'm going to change providers actually... don't know why I assumed o2 was the only option. Assuming the prices for the iPhone 4 are in line with 3gs prices across all providers, Orange have a cheaper plan and only ask 189 for the phone.

Given the rebate it is practically a free swap and I'll finally get reception in London... wooo hooo (!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12