Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone jumped in toilet!! Help, it turns on but no service?

Default Iphone jumped in toilet!! Help, it turns on but no service?
    Hi guys, I dropped my iphone in the toilet. I immediately took the phone apart and put in front of a fan for a day. I just put it back together and it works. I can not get service with T-Mobile. Is it possible that I lost my unlock with the water damage. Under settings it says carrier available is only ATT. Please help!!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Newiphone27 View Post
    Hi guys, I dropped my iphone in the toilet. I immediately took the phone apart and put in front of a fan for a day. I just put it back together and it works. I can not get service with T-Mobile. Is it possible that I lost my unlock with the water damage. Under settings it says carrier available is only ATT. Please help!!
    I don't think Iphone likes Toilet, especially water and they can't swim. You might have to buy new one

OK well im not giving up. Can anyone tell me if there is a certain disconnect inside the phone that attaches the sim card connections? I am goin to reopen the phone up and make sure that all connections are secure. Oh and by the way, the time is off by 25 minutes as well. Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Excel Wiz's Avatar
    Thanks

The time is off just because that is how long the phone was off and it can't get back to a network to correct it. And there isn't a disconnect for the sim card. The place that the sim card inserts onto your mainboard is connected to the mainboard.

MacBook Pro 15" Core i7|4GB|500GB|HiRes
    iPhone 4 16GB
    iPhone 3G 8GB

I unlocked again using sn0w by geohot in blackrain. The unlock only lasted about 30 seconds. The time corrected itself but phone went right back to only showing att as available network.

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

I think this is appropriate for this situation.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn_iz8z2AGw]YouTube - Military Taps[/ame]
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter