Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Noticing long sync times and longer App load times? Any thoughts?

Default Noticing long sync times and longer App load times? Any thoughts?
    I'm noticing that it takes 20 minutes to sync my iphone 3G and sometimes apps lag for 3-5 seconds before loading.
    I've got almost a gig of memory left on my phone.
    Is it a problem with a latest update?

Yes, I've re booted and sync'd.....any thoughts??

thanks , Kenny S>

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

when was your last restore? i find it very helpfull to restore once every month or every couple months. its kinda like a computer that needs a defrag after you add and remove alot of stuff from the device. and a gig of memory left is not that much. and the more stuff you have on it the slower it will be, especialy with the mobile substrate ad ons
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

I'm not sure I understand..........restoring would wipe my phone clean ....right?
    Or are you cleaning and restoring current data and apps?

Is there a tutorial or link or a way to do it otherwise?
    ps....I'm not jailbroken..

Thanks , kenny S>

Thanks

I mean I sync with iTunes and than do a restore with iTunes. It will restore the file system to original and than sync back the data and I bet it will run a bit better. You can also try deleting apps you don't need or just don't sync as many back after you restore

free memory says I have 20-22mb free memory.

So I sync first, then restore to previous back up .
    Sorry......I know I'll f__ it up and wipe it clean if I don't ask questions!

you could always to try to restore and then restore from a backup. if that doesn't work the you could always restore as new.

Thanks

Na it's always best to set up as new phone and than sync everything back after because your backup may be corrupt and that may be why it's slow. 22 mb of free memory os not very much if you have nothing open I have around 30-40 if nothing is open. If your not jailbroken and cant have back round apps than you def should restore andset up as new

Every time I restore I setup as new, but seeing as he is not jailbroken, he should be fine to restore from backup (less hassle that way) because what is causing the problem is likely not getting backed up. Do what you wish OP.

Gotta love it.........just updated, turned off unused apps and
    re-arranged my apps and now 7.25 mb free........

Memory status app shows 1.1mb! kill me now !

ok....here we go.........just ran memory status and cleaned up anf I'm now getting 48 mb free ram.
    better... KS
    Last edited by sharrack; 2010-06-03 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost