Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Running 3.1 apps on OS 3.0

Default Running 3.1 apps on OS 3.0
    Hey,

I'm pretty sure I've read about a modification that lets you run 3.1 apps on OS 3.0. I've tried Googling but couldn't find it. It's probably on Cydia somewhere...

I really need to be able to run the eBay app later today but it requires the 3.1 update, which I don't have time to install.

Thanks in advance,
    Mike

FWFaker I believe is what you need.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Manul method:

1) Find Ipa file on computer
    2) rename to .zip instead of .ipa
    3) unzip, locate info.plist
    4) change line that says what fw it requires to the fw you are running
    4) rename it back to .ipa
    5) drag it back into iTunes and sync

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I think there's also the problem that some +3.1 apps need APIs that aren't available on 3.0 so depending on the app, you might be forced to upgrade your firmware.

I tried many way to install 3.1 apps on a 3.0 OS to no avail. Itunes will let you download if your fake out the OS to show 3.1, but will not allow you to install that app.I downloaded and installed FWChanger and changed my OS to read 3.1 to do the above. But that did not work on the install of any app.
    If someone finds a solution, let us know. But I must agree that there must be APIs associated with the OS that will allow installs. Good Luck!