Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bricked 2G?

Default Bricked 2G?
    Okay, I read the stickies and searched the threads on Google and other sites, but I haven't found a solution. I bought a used 2G on eBay. I have no idea what firmware is on the phone. The battery was disconnected and I replaced it. After that, there is no display. The phone will charge, but no sound or display. iTunes (current version) will recognize a phone in recovery mode but wil not display a serial # or firmware version. When I try to restore, I get the "1601" error. Quickpwn won't open on my computer (Vista) and Redsn0w gets stuck in "waiting for reboot. " Winpwn and Quickpwn GUI won't work. I may not have connected the large ribbon that connects to the motherboard correctly, but it is my understanding that 1601 is a software issue. I also got a 1611 & 1604 error but I don't remember what program I was using. I've also tried winusb and a couple other programs I can't remember. Anyone have any suggestions?

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

crack her back open and make sure all your connections are correct. also it may have been bricked while using something like ziphone, or it was just a broken phone. good luck though. also with the 2g it dosent matter what firmware you are on as it can be jailbroken and unlocked all the way up to the current firmware
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!