Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New PC and old Iphone?

Default New PC and old Iphone?
    I just bought a new PC installed itunes and connected my Iphone and of course Itunes wants to delete eveything!

I still have my old PC with itunes on it as well. Is there a way to copy over all the apps/music/contacts to the new PC?

I know you can move over bought music/apps but most of the apps are free and the music is from my CD collection. I don't want to loose all my apps data as well.

Thanks

Copy the music/iTunes directory.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mitchell209's Avatar
    Thanks

Just plug your iPhone into the new PC and right click on it in iTunes and click Backup and Transfer Purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell209 View Post
    Just plug your iPhone into the new PC and right click on it in iTunes and click Backup and Transfer Purchases.
    Transfer Purchases? Like i said i have not bought anything from Itunes....never will.

Is there a way to copy whats on my iphone to the new PC? The only thing i really need is the apps data and contacts.

Trasfer purchases will move your free apps, they are considered "purchases", you got a $0.00 receipt for them.

As said above, plug it in, cancel the sync, transfer the purchases and backup the phone.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

There is also a section at the bottom of the iPhone page that asks if you want to merge info to/from your iPhone/new computer.