Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Where are app files saved?

Default Where are app files saved?
    I am restoring my iPhone, and I need to backup some app save data. My phone is jailbroken, and I won't backup/restore from iTunes, so that is out of the question.

Where are app files saved? Last I checked /Applications there wasn't anything but the stock mail, calender, ect..

Where are app store apps located?

Why won't you backup/restore from iTunes?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Why won't you backup/restore from iTunes?
    It's always caused problems for me, so everytime I restore, I setup as a new phone.

My contacts are with Google Sync, and most everything else I don't care about. I sync the apps and music back through itunes, but that doesn't restore app saves

When upgrading a major FW (eg 1.x ->2.x or 2.x->3.x) you should always set up as new but minor upgrades iTunes backup/restore works fine and is by far the easiest.
    I'm at work and can't access my phone's file system at the moment and can't remember where saved games are stored. I'm sure someone else will be able to help.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ive been wondering this as well