Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Few Questions?

Default Few Questions?
    Well when I had my iPhone I used to be pretty good with keeping up to date with the Apps and changes I need to do to install themes.

Now I have been out of it for a while, well over a year to be exact but everything just seams to of changed. I used to have a nice matte lockscreen (called 3bar lockscreen iirc) when it was first released and all I needed to do was download a free App called iBlackList and sort out my notifications etc.

Now to me it seams LockInfo has become and App of it's own etc?

I was wondering if you could all help me, I will be getting another iPhone on Wednesday and I want to be able to install this - MacThemes Forum / Matte Lock Info

Now could anyone tell me the following -

1) What software to I need to browse the iPhone?
    2) Is it just a case of copying the files to a certain location?
    3) If so what is that location?
    4) Any 3rd party Apps needed?
    5) Are they still free?

Basically all I want it to keep me up to date with is Texts, Calls, Emails and Things App?
    Hope someone can help me get back into it so I can help others again!

Cheers
    Simon

Anyone?

If anyone has answers to any of the above questions it would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Simon
    Last edited by betty02; 2010-05-25 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You will need your phone jailbroken. Depending on the firmware you may have different options. Spirit is the newest jailbreak tool and supports 3.1.2 and 3.1.3. Older firmware's have more options (redsn0w, blackra1n...). A simple search on here will help you with that.

Once you jailbreak you will need a few apps: Winterboard (theming), LockInfo (that's the lockscreen things). That should be all that's required, but you may want more plugins for LockInfo. I also have "no clock" installed to make more room for LockInfo.

If you need to connect to your phone I'd suggest iphonebrowser (you'll need "afc2add" in order to connect, it's available in cydia), it lets you quickly access system sounds, winterboard themes, and other customizable sections. You can even add your own shortcuts.

Hope this helps.

I forgot to mention that that particular theme you want will need to be uploaded to your phone. So you will need iphonebrowser (windows) or equivalent to access your winterboard themes folder. In that folder you can just create a new folder (unless the theme download is already bundled in a folder, in that case just drag it into winterboard themse) and name it whatever you want. Then add all of the download contents into that folder.

Select the theme in winterboard and it will automatically respring.
    Last edited by Exo III; 2010-05-25 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost