Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 and OpenSSH issues

Default iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 and OpenSSH issues
    Hello to all,
    i bought a new iphone 3gs with 3.1.3 just a month ago.
    I managed to jailbreak it using spirit, and all went ok and cydia popped out on my springboard.
    I installed openssh, all seems to work, and i can ssh from my linux box without a problem. The issue is faced after a couple of seconds: it seems that the sshd daemon is killed and then deleted as when i do 'ls -l /usr/sbin/sshd' i get a command not found notice, and this looks really strange.

Reinstalling openssh makes the sshd daemon reappear, but suddenly the sshd process is killed and the executable deleted again. This is really driving me nuts.

I've been able to avoid file deletion by issuing the command:
    Code:
    iPhone# chflags schg /usr/sbin/sshd
    In this way the daemon is not deleted, but it still gets killed and this drops my connection every 30 seconds.

Is anyone having my same problem?
    As workaround: How can i rename /usr/sbin/sshd to something else (using 'mv' of course..) and let it behave as normal (start automatically on boot, sbsettings...)? Which files do I have to edit?

Thanks.

No help from anyone? No hints?
    Last edited by mik.linux; 2010-05-24 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Got it finally!!

That was caused by the f*cking ikee worm! The strange thing is that my wallpaper hasn't changed.. It may be a variant..

It seems also that this worms spreads itself by scanning the whole gprs/umts/hsdpa networks looking for unprotected phones.. Now I know: never connect your jailbreaked phone with openssh installed to the internet without changing your root password before!

For those who will experience my same issue, here is a link to a page with removal instructions. Hope this helps.

Since the worm likes to drop the ssh connection and delete the sshd binary, i managed to find another way to get ssh working:

In mobileterminal:
    # mv /usr/sbin/sshd /usr/sbin/real.sshd
    # echo '#!/bin/bash' > /usr/sbin/sshd
    # echo '/usr/sbin/real.sshd [email protected]' >> /usr/sbin/sshd
    # chmod +x /usr/sbin/sshd
    # chflags schg /usr/sbin/sshd
    In this way i created a simple script that executes the real instance of sshd, and protected it from being deleted with the chflags utility.

In case you need to remove the sshd file lock, just execute:
    # chflags noschg /usr/sbin/sshd
    and then you're able to delete/edit the file again, else it will give you a 'Operation not permitted' notice.

Again,
    I hope this is useful for someone else.

i have iphone 3GS 3.1.3 but i having problems with this whene i put credit its become less without calling plz help me