Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Backgrounder messing with e-mail...

Default Backgrounder messing with e-mail...
    Hi
    Ok things have gotten weird here, i have Iphone 3gs with 3.1.3 jailbroken with spirit (w/new iboot)

Just today i started having issues with the Iphone email client.

situation 1
    Read e_mails, delete. leave E-mail client.. when i go back in e mail client scans for new maail and loads the mails ive just read and deleted...

Situation 2

Read e mails, but leave them im the "inbox". leave Email client..
    when i i run email. search for new mails and all previously read mails show as un read,

things ive done.
    Made sure email was not runing in background
    moved into airplane mode and tuned off wifi
    deleted all e mails from server
    emptied trash
    reboot
    respring
    hard reset
    deleted acconts and re added them
    after all these ihave respung.rebooted and or off/on and everytime the e mails retuned and showed unread.

I uninstalled backgrounder and the e mail worked nomally....
    reset.. seinstalled backgrounder and the problem retuned. =0(

i love backgrounder and would love to have it back on my phone. anyone have any suggestion or had or heard of a simular problem?

please help & thanks

J
    everytime, e mails return
    "Jane, get me off this crazy thing !!!!"

Huh... permission problem? If you have sbsettings installed go >More>Options(forgot specific name. tab under mobile substrate addons)and hit fix permissions at the top.

Are you certain that you have an override for Mail, and that the override's "Backgrounding method" is set to "Native"?

Note that Mail normally runs in the background (without Backgrounder). If you force Mail to quit, which it doesn't expect, the behavior that you described can occur.

Also note that Backgrounder's default settings (which can be set using the "Reset to Defaults" button) includes such an override for Mail.