Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unable to restore 3.1.2, 3Gs ...need help

Default Unable to restore 3.1.2, 3Gs ...need help
    Hi, guys

I have a 3Gs that was jailbroken and unlocked using blackra1n. two days ago I phone crashed so I decided to restore Fw 3.1.2

I put the phone into recovery mode and attempted a iTunes manual restore using file:

iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw

I get the message on windows screen "device isn't eligible for the selected build". Anyone who have an experience in this issue, please help me.

Thanks

It all depends on when you backed up your shsh files. If it was any time after very early Feb, then what you have saved is actually 3.1.3 files not 3.1.2

Thank JKMONKEY
    so sad I don't have any back up file. Can you explain why I can't restore to fw 3.1.2.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mitchell209's Avatar
    Thanks

Apple stopped signing the 3.1.2 firmware, so it's impossible to restore unless you have backed up your SHSH via Cydia.

Thanks

3gs phones require the firmware to be signed by apple before it will install it. This signature is what is refered to as SHSH blobs. Those SHSH files sent by apple are what gets backed up on Saurik's server or saved to yours with umbrella. Since apple stopped signing 3.1.2 in early Febuary then any attempt to get those files signed would have returned a response with files for 3.1.3.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

OP, you should consider using the search function. Your problem is thoroughly described in numerous threads and posts.

Thank you guys for reply
    Do you have any idea to make my phone work?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If there's no way to boot the phone and you need the unlock, you can use this method as a last resort: Preventing baseband update as a last-ditch effort [iPhone Dev Team]