Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad sim in my iphone is working except 3g

Exclamation iPad sim in my iphone is working except 3g
    Would like to see some of the senior hacker perspectives on this. I was able to install my sim from my ipad (with a sim adapter) into my iphone. Called ATT and they activated it no problem. Phone calls in/out work on a 3g tower. Internet only works on edge if I shut off 3g, but if 3g is on I get a message:

"Could not activate cellular data network. You are not subscribed to a cellular data service"

I definitely have the data plan on my iphone. When talking to ATT tech when setting up the phone they said everything was set up perfectly on their end and to just let the phone sit overnight and reset the network in the morning. I did all that and no change.

Anyone care to venture a guess? I'll be replacing the sim with a regular iphone one later on today, but it would be seriously nice to solve this for anyone else who would like to swap out their sims like this.

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

What's the point. I'd see if u wanted just unlimited data with no contract on phone. Why did u do this?

I don't need a data plan for my ipad this way. It's only occasional, but for those times when I want my ipad hooked up and I don't want MyWi sucking up my battery life. I understand some of you are trying to get the $30 ipad plan onto your iphone, but I need my iphone plan much more than I need data, this way I can get my iphones data on my ipad. Sure I lose my iphone while I have the sim in the ipad, but there are times I rely more on the internet than on phone calls so it's not an issue. Plus with Google Voice and the whistle app I have free incoming and outgoing calls on my ipad and won't miss anything.

I did figure it out anyhow and now have a fully functional ipad sim in my iphone that I can swap back and forth.
    Last edited by spinedoc; 2010-05-21 at 07:12 PM.