Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Desperate Situation!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Desperate Situation!
    Hello, I tried posting this on anther forum but didn't get any responses a full day later, so I hope the people on here can give me an answer, since I really need help here.

I was on the Highway 1 West in British Columbia from Calgary Alberta in Canada, my car was is a major collision at speeds of 100km/h and it flipped, likely my phone fell from the center console out the front window and was dragged under my car and crushed, I couldn't find it(para-medics wouldn't let me look anyway) and cleaning crews couldn't locate it.

I'm stuck 1000km away from home with little to no means to contact anyone, my computer made it out thankfully and I need to recover my contacts, I looked around on Google but I can't find anything that answers my questions, the phone isn't unlocked and isn't modded and was updated with current software. I found the back-up, it was encrypted is there anyway for me to recover the information with a tool? Where can I recover contacts?

I have a decent knowledge of computers so I should be able to do some of the technical stuff, so toss what you can at me.

Thank you very much for the help! Also, mods, if this is in the wrong place, I apologize please move it to the appropriate section.

**UPDATE**

Ooooo, I just found a file called datasyndb in C: \Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\SyncServices\Local\TFSM\com.apple.Contact s

Anyway to pull information from a SYNCDB file?
    Last edited by prettybrg; 2010-05-16 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

an easier way is to log into ur wireless account (since ur posting here, means u can get online) and look at ur call history....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

prettybrg (2010-05-16)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

z3r01 that is a wonderful idea, would have never thought of that, thank you so much, hope Rogers will have that information online.

**Update**

I checked and unfortunately Rogers Wireless doesn't have this information stored online, I still do paper billing, so I can't check it that way and there isn't any other information provided.
    Last edited by prettybrg; 2010-05-16 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks

i dont recieve paperless either and its still their , u have to check on usage tab

or call rogers and tell them ur emergency and since u are the account holder u can also get access to this, they will tell u all calls placed
    Last edited by z3r01; 2010-05-16 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey I am back,

I have a life saver for anyone who has lost there iPhone, but had the Facebook App on there phone and had it set up to push data from Facebook to your iPhone.

I went and checked my facebook phonebook today to see if I could at least get some of my old contacts back, and guess what I found? All my contacts from my cellular phone and facebook are listed on it. And I am 100% sure that these are current contacts from my phone because it contains numbers and names on the list that do not belong to a fb profile and are of overseas friends I can guarantee do not have a facebook account.

Hope this helps people in the future!