Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How can I recover lost files from ipod

Default How can I recover lost files from ipod
    when I pluged ipod into my computer, it tells me that I need to format the ipod.

If i did so, then all of my data will go. I can't do that.

How can I recover that?

I didn't make a backup. Sucks.

I checked many data recovery software, they can't fix this problem, like recuva, diskgetor, etc. they can't run in Mac

Wrong section.
    Tima Kudinov

If you are talking about backing up cydia apps, you can use Rock or buy PkgBackup.

ssh?

what do you mean by "format the ipod"?
    Last edited by kzhlin; 2010-05-18 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

He means restore.

You can give ths a try, but no promises. Ive found that on the newest version of Ubuntu (10.04 Lucid Lynx) it gives you 'SOME' access to the iPhone natively without SSH. That is - you can see some directories (like your pictures, then u got where your music is stored, and a few others).

Plug it in (hopefully your phone turns on) and goto Places > Computer > Your iPhone

Give it shot. You can use Wubi to install Ubuntu without partitioning anything.

Hope this helps, again, I'm not promising anything, especially since the iPhone isnt working right.

Good luck!

http://modmyi.com/forums/general-iph...blackra1n.html
    helps if u use a ipod touch 2g mb

u tried reinstalling itunes?
    u tried software like ifunbox (on windows)?

also if u are on mac: u can use this (more developed) version of my tutorial above ^^
    its a simple GUI and supports more devices (like iphone etc) however it is for mac.
    http://www.funkyspacemonkey.com/cani...tuck-boot-logo
    supports:
    * iPhone 2G
    * iPhone 3G
    * iPod Touch
    * iPod Touch 2G ( MC models not supported – to be tested )

or simply: EVERY device which actually can support to install a customized ipsw will work
    Last edited by dresaa; 2010-05-18 at 04:28 PM.

Default Re:
    I think the simplest and easy way to recover lost files from iPod is using a recommended recovery tool like Stellar Phoenix iPod Recovery or any other iPod recovery application which can save your files from the lost disaster....