Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Increase Iphone processor speed - is it true?

My iPhone is a Part of Me vietkool's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Increase Iphone processor speed - is it true?
    I read one of the forum state that the original iphone speed is 600mhz for the 3G and 833Mhz for the 3Gs but apple used some apps to underclocked the processor.
    I found there is a way to change some file setting will get back to original processor speed but it may cause heating , and decreasing the battery life. Is anyone have try that? does it really speed up when running apps or games ?
    Here is how they show to modify but I haven't try yet.Pls let me know if it really work

Find file name “com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefault.plist” in forlder: System/Library/System/System Configuration/PowerManagement.bundle/. change file to “SystemPowerProfileDefaultbak.plist”. Hard reboot iPhone and you willsee the different.
    Last edited by vietkool; 2010-05-16 at 05:18 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

I did it before and my phone did go faster n smoother. But Ir got hot alot. And I mean really hot.

Like if u keep it in ur pocket for an hour it'll burn up and ull lose a lot of battery life

My iPhone is a Part of Me vietkool's Avatar
    Thanks

what speed that you get up to? 833Mhz ? is there anyway to do the increasing just abit mabye 700Mhz instead of full speed clocks

Apple underclocked it so that I wouldn't overheat. Leave it that way. Especially since it has no fan