Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spirit Jailbreak Backup

Default Spirit Jailbreak Backup
    I currently use Blackra1n and want an untethered jailbreak, so am considering using Spirit. I understand I have to restore my iphone to do that, and so would like to know what would happen to all my data if I do so. I would like to keep all messages, contacts, emails etc, as well as app data (both cydia and itunes store). If I am not mistaken, aptbackup and appbackup will take care of these last two things (does aptbackup also backup up Rock apps, or just Cydia?), but is there something that I can use that will keep all my contacts and messages etc during the restore? Or are these not effected by this process at all?

Thanks

itunes will keep your contacts, calender, etc. if u back it up then restore it
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

Quote Originally Posted by SeaTan View Post
    I currently use Blackra1n and want an untethered jailbreak, so am considering using Spirit. I understand I have to restore my iphone to do that, and so would like to know what would happen to all my data if I do so. I would like to keep all messages, contacts, emails etc, as well as app data (both cydia and itunes store). If I am not mistaken, aptbackup and appbackup will take care of these last two things (does aptbackup also backup up Rock apps, or just Cydia?), but is there something that I can use that will keep all my contacts and messages etc during the restore? Or are these not effected by this process at all?

Thanks
    use pkgBackup. back it up before u run a back up in itunes.

Quote Originally Posted by narts View Post
    use pkgBackup. back it up before u run a back up in itunes.
    How does pkgbackup differ from appbackup or aptbackup?

it backs up all of ur mods installed through cydia.