Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Contacts not syncing to iphone

Default Contacts not syncing to iphone
    I recently recovered my iphone due to the fact that every time i turned it on it would go to the apple logo screen then shut off. After i restored it and loaded a backup onto it everything was fine except my contacts were gone. My recent calls were all still there but no contacts and no sms history. I tried re syncing it, deleting the sync history in itunes, restoring it and trying again, and even jailbroke it and manually placed the AddressBook folder that was in one of my backups through with WinSCP.I used BackupExtractor and they still weren't on my phone. I have run out of ideas on what to do. I have 3.1.3 firmware and its the iphone 3G

Is there anyone that can help me with this?

Are you positive your contacts got backed up? Itunes uses an address book to store contacts, outlook or outlook express or windows address book...but if you dont have any of these installed or setup, I have seen where they didnt get stored. Also, are you positive the option was checked in itunes to sync contacts initially?

PS- At any rate, there is nothing else you can do aside from manual input.

The backup I loaded onto my phone was the same exact one I used a few months ago, and the contacts were there then. I also manually put the address book file from that backup onto my phone through FTP. Can it be that there's something wrong with my phone?