Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: lost 3g internet after tethering.. please help?

Default lost 3g internet after tethering.. please help?
    So, I have a little problem, hopefully someone knows the answer. I recently jailbroke my iphone with Spirit. It's a newer 3gs, 3.1.3, 05.12.01.

I've really enjoyed all of the extra fun toys the jailbreak gives me. Yesterday I downloaded iPhoneModem 3 and got tethering set up to work, but realized a little bit later that while tethering was up, the 3g internet worked fine, but when it was closed, it didn't work at all. My texts and phone calls would work, but it wouldn't find an internet connection when I tried to check email or something. If I turn Edge on in boss prefs, i can use the Edge network for internet, but its slow. I want to get the 3G internet back, preferably without having to restore my iPhone to pre-jailbreak status.

Is there a setting I need to change? Anyone know? Any help would be very appriciated, thanks.
    Matt H.

EDIT: Actually, now that I checked it, the tethering isn't working anymore either, tho it was working fine yesterday... but then again, so was my 3G internet.
    Last edited by rendersix; 2010-05-14 at 06:49 PM.

i have a feeling it was something to do w/ at&t. there's another member on here that had the same problem around the same time as me and a friend yesterday.

maybe upgrading their towers for the new iphone?? anyone??

it was definitely an issue with a jailbreak program. I'm not sure if it was the tethering one or not, but i think it probably was. i restored to default settings and it fixed it, but if i restored to a backup it broke it again. if i restored to default to fix it and re-jailbroke it and re-downloaded the programs it broke it again. when I get to work again and have some free time I'm going to JB and download the programs one at a time till i can figure out which one is causing the problem. All I DL'd was cydia, rock, anyring, iphonemodem, bossprefs and winterboard...

Quote Originally Posted by rendersix View Post
    it was definitely an issue with a jailbreak program. I'm not sure if it was the tethering one or not, but i think it probably was. i restored to default settings and it fixed it, but if i restored to a backup it broke it again. if i restored to default to fix it and re-jailbroke it and re-downloaded the programs it broke it again. when I get to work again and have some free time I'm going to JB and download the programs one at a time till i can figure out which one is causing the problem. All I DL'd was cydia, rock, anyring, iphonemodem, bossprefs and winterboard...
    i really dont think it was something to do w/ any programs you have installed. after a couple hours mine was back up and running w/out changing anything. my friend had the same problem and wasnt tethering because he as a pretty fast internet connection at home so no need to tether. another guy on the forums said his 3g went down too and now it's working fine. there's only 2 things that i can think of that they may have in common are:
    1) at&t was either having problems or doing maintenance
    2) possibly something to do w/ spirit jb...but dont know why multiple people had the same problem at the same time, which is why i believe it had more to do w/ at&t.