Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need help with updating with new pc

Default need help with updating with new pc
    ok so i asked here before about getting a new pc and switching over to the new pc and the steps i had to take to re-jailbreak and i did.

now here's my issue. the new pc i had that i transferred over all my info from my old pc, i upgraded to windows 7 and i did a fresh install. and i lost everything on my new pc. plus i dont have my old pc anymore.

so how in the world can i update my iphone without losing all my info thats stored in there? i've never synced my phone on my pc. so all my contacts arent in there. im on a 3g iphone and im still on version 3.0.

Thanks

Sync your phone first so all that info does get stored on the new pc

so if i sync without having done any type of jailbreak on the pc it wont do anything to my current jailbreak?

and also, how do i get my contacts up and running on my new pc? i think i had to create a random contact in the windows contacts and then it should import all my contacts to the pc correct?

and thanks for your help

Thanks

No it won't do anything to your jailbreak. Just tell iTunes to sync contacts to outlook, windows card space or whatever you want, and it will save them there.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

its_justLenny (2010-05-14)

awesome thanks for the help i'll go try it now. then once i do that, do i have to restore to factory and then upgrade to 3.1.3 and then re-jailbreak?

Thanks

If your phone is already jailbroken and your not worried about upgrading right now then no there's no need to rejailbreak. You'll still be jailbroken

im already jailbroken but on 3.0 and i have some apps that have updates but they require 3.1

that was the main reason i was looking to update my jailbreak