Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Weird glitches on iPhone 3G

Default Weird glitches on iPhone 3G
    I have an iPhone 3G. It is unlocked and jailbroken so I can use it on T-Mobile. I do not use any non-Apple approved apps and have used this phone for over a year without any issues. It has firmware 3.0 and snow (I think) on it.

Yesterday, I started having some strange things happen. I was playing music and the speaker volume got full of static then just faded away. I restarted iTunes and that corrected itself. However, when I paused a song, it would restart after about 30 seconds. Later, I was playing a game and it lost my profile (and my progress!) I then restarted the phone and it froze on the lock screen. I could not restart the phone with the on/off switch. I plugged it in to my Mac and then it did finish the restart.

Any ideas what is going on? Does it need a restore and a new OS and jailbroken again? I bought it like this so I have never jailbroken a phone and am rather nervous about doing it. Or does it sound like the phone itself has something wrong with it?

Help!

Anyone????????????

Hm, how does one get a post answered here? I cant imagine no one has any idea about this?

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

Try a restore and jailbreak. I try to do it every couple of months just to keep every thing nice and fresh. I need to do it now bad. Jailbreak is uber easy now adays. Just don't update the baseband or you won't be able to use tmobile any more