Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone battery dying faster: How do I find out the cause?

Default iPhone battery dying faster: How do I find out the cause?
    Right now I have the following jailbreak apps installed:

LockInfo
    QuickReply for SMS
    AdBlock
    Backgrounder + ProSwitcher

I know that my iPhone is dying faster than usual... is there some sort of monitoring app that I can use to find out what's the cause?

when you jailbreak an ipod or iphone it always kills the battery faster than normal when u run the jailbroken apps
    Last edited by goon666; 2010-05-11 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by goon666 View Post
    when you jailbreak an ipod or iphone it always kills the battery faster than normal
    Thats not true at all. All jailbreaking does is allow you access to the file system, thats it. Your not running anything.

All the other crap you load on the phone after jailbreaking kills the battery.

maybe you should turn on your power saver..

Multitasking really eats your battery. I had the same problem on my 3GS after I went from rain to spirit, since I got new boot. I'm on t mobile and without wifi I get like 20% an hour, when it used to be 10% an hour, with the same usage. But to answer your question, maybe the proswitcher is killing your battery. I'd keep it though, unless you have a 3G or 2G, seems very sketchy on those haha. But if you have a 2G or 3G, your battery might be going bad.

Would having multitasking/proswitcher installed still kill the battery as fast without having apps in the background?

3GS here :P

Quote Originally Posted by lazyjj View Post
    Would having multitasking/proswitcher installed still kill the battery as fast without having apps in the background?

3GS here :P
    +1 same question. i'm on a 3g though. dont really use backgrounder that often but is it still eating the battery because of the mobile substrates?

if ur using backgrounder alot that will kill the battery
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

well i kinda figured if you're running apps in the background it will eat up the battery faster. the question was does it still eat the battery just having it installed but not currently running multiple apps.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jabregousmc View Post
    well i kinda figured if you're running apps in the background it will eat up the battery faster. the question was does it still eat the battery just having it installed but not currently running multiple apps.
    Yes! The backgrounder daemon keeps running in the background. And it keeps eating your battery!