Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stolen iphone

Default Stolen iphone
    I'M sure a lot of people can agree with me the something has to be done about this. I got my IPhone stolen last night at my office, and i was gone for 5 Min. I called att and they cant do anything. Does anyone have any ideas for me. I filed a police report and the police search the people that i thought stole my phone. They had gone back and forth to there car, so i think they put it in there car.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Nothing you can do... Apple doesn't offer insurance. Its just like any other personal property... what would you do if your wallet or favorite pen or lucky rabbit foot got stolen? Be pissed for a while.. get over it... and learn not to leave important and expensive stuff laying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Nothing you can do... Apple doesn't offer insurance. Its just like any other personal property... what would you do if your wallet or favorite pen or lucky rabbit foot got stolen? Be pissed for a while.. get over it... and learn not to leave important and expensive stuff laying around.
    So true lol, sorry about your loss but sucks nothing can be done

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

At&t can terminate the SIM Card, so the thief cannot make calls!

My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Thanks

once it is unlocked, it can however

Sucks man, it is a lesson that all of us have learned at one time or another.

Green Apple
    Thanks

People suck.

Thanks

They really do, with the SDK i have a list of app goals and one of them is to have a low jack type thing, i know Erica made one, but for SDK this time. With 2.0 though Data wipe is a good move.
    Call AT&T and have them lock the SIM, call Apple and have them blacklist the serial as stolen.

I did all of that stuff called att and apple they did not seam to be to helpful. I called apple and they said that they cannot black list it. So i got man, and told the guy i modded the hell out of the phone, and if i could please void my own warrenty he said he will make a note of it. I got a new 16g and its fun after 539$$ (a lowjack app i would pay for that.) i will be your first customer.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justinluv949 View Post
    I did all of that stuff called att and apple they did not seam to be to helpful. I called apple and they said that they cannot black list it. So i got man, and told the guy i modded the hell out of the phone, and if i could please void my own warrenty he said he will make a note of it. I got a new 16g and its fun after 539$$ (a lowjack app i would pay for that.) i will be your first customer.
    Good call, when i lost my iPod they blacklisted it as stolen. App is being worked on as best i can right now .

They should make it that if you call in and report your iPhone as stolen, you can track the theif with the "GPS", that is, cell towers and wifi so you can try and get it back.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

install navizon on your iPhone...and if u lose it or its stolen, track the bastard down...lol

Quote Originally Posted by ebl4287 View Post
    install navizon on your iPhone...and if u lose it or its stolen, track the bastard down...lol
    Yeah use the friends tracking method. Then go to his house and egg it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

lol

Not trying to bump an old thread but I have an idea incase my iPhone is ever stolen. I wrote down my edge IP address. Now if they get passed my password then bam, SSH is on. I'll just continue to try logging into my phone through WinSCP and once I can the thief won't know what hit him. I'd delete every single file. Turn the thing into a brick just to piss 'em off.

Think this would work?

Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Thanks

No insurrance from Apple though...

The Edge IP changes everytime you toggle it on and off using BossPrefs.
    Last edited by GregTheWang; 2008-05-07 at 10:21 PM.