Results 1 to 17 of 17

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Stolen iphone

  1. #1
    Default Stolen iphone
    I'M sure a lot of people can agree with me the something has to be done about this. I got my IPhone stolen last night at my office, and i was gone for 5 Min. I called att and they cant do anything. Does anyone have any ideas for me. I filed a police report and the police search the people that i thought stole my phone. They had gone back and forth to there car, so i think they put it in there car.

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,264
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    Nothing you can do... Apple doesn't offer insurance. Its just like any other personal property... what would you do if your wallet or favorite pen or lucky rabbit foot got stolen? Be pissed for a while.. get over it... and learn not to leave important and expensive stuff laying around.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Nothing you can do... Apple doesn't offer insurance. Its just like any other personal property... what would you do if your wallet or favorite pen or lucky rabbit foot got stolen? Be pissed for a while.. get over it... and learn not to leave important and expensive stuff laying around.
    So true lol, sorry about your loss but sucks nothing can be done

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Not on Earth.
    Posts
    161
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts

    At&t can terminate the SIM Card, so the thief cannot make calls!

  5. #5
    My iPhone is a Part of Me pokekid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Manteca
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 77 Times in 66 Posts

    once it is unlocked, it can however

  6. #6
    Sucks man, it is a lesson that all of us have learned at one time or another.

  7. #7
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts

    People suck.

  8. #8
    Retired Moderator DoerrFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,290
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 461 Times in 229 Posts

    They really do, with the SDK i have a list of app goals and one of them is to have a low jack type thing, i know Erica made one, but for SDK this time. With 2.0 though Data wipe is a good move.
    Call AT&T and have them lock the SIM, call Apple and have them blacklist the serial as stolen.

  9. #9
    I did all of that stuff called att and apple they did not seam to be to helpful. I called apple and they said that they cannot black list it. So i got man, and told the guy i modded the hell out of the phone, and if i could please void my own warrenty he said he will make a note of it. I got a new 16g and its fun after 539$$ (a lowjack app i would pay for that.) i will be your first customer.

  10. #10
    Retired Moderator DoerrFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    2,290
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 461 Times in 229 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by justinluv949 View Post
    I did all of that stuff called att and apple they did not seam to be to helpful. I called apple and they said that they cannot black list it. So i got man, and told the guy i modded the hell out of the phone, and if i could please void my own warrenty he said he will make a note of it. I got a new 16g and its fun after 539$$ (a lowjack app i would pay for that.) i will be your first customer.
    Good call, when i lost my iPod they blacklisted it as stolen. App is being worked on as best i can right now .

  11. #11
    They should make it that if you call in and report your iPhone as stolen, you can track the theif with the "GPS", that is, cell towers and wifi so you can try and get it back.

  12. #12
    Theme Creator ebl4287's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Manhattan, NYC
    Posts
    1,098
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

    install navizon on your iPhone...and if u lose it or its stolen, track the bastard down...lol

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by ebl4287 View Post
    install navizon on your iPhone...and if u lose it or its stolen, track the bastard down...lol
    Yeah use the friends tracking method. Then go to his house and egg it.

  14. #14
    Theme Creator ebl4287's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Manhattan, NYC
    Posts
    1,098
    Thanks
    31
    Thanked 1,086 Times in 224 Posts

    lol

  15. #15
    Not trying to bump an old thread but I have an idea incase my iPhone is ever stolen. I wrote down my edge IP address. Now if they get passed my password then bam, SSH is on. I'll just continue to try logging into my phone through WinSCP and once I can the thief won't know what hit him. I'd delete every single file. Turn the thing into a brick just to piss 'em off.

    Think this would work?

  16. #16
    Livin the iPhone Life Apple iPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,113
    Thanks
    142
    Thanked 152 Times in 129 Posts

    No insurrance from Apple though...

  17. #17
    The Edge IP changes everytime you toggle it on and off using BossPrefs.
    Last edited by GregTheWang; 2008-05-07 at 10:21 PM.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •