Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: cydia crash + ssh problems

Default cydia crash + ssh problems
    heyho guys, got some strange things here:

1) cydia keeps crashing on startup since yesterday and I have no clue why. I tried to re-jailbreak the iphone without restoring.. didn't help at all.

2) ssh doesn't work.. well, it's working but only 1 time. When I install the package I can connect 1 time via winSCP. But if the W-Lan signal gets lost, I close the connection, respring/reboot or turn off SSH via SBSettings, i only get the error: Server unexpectedly closed network connection. Also the SSH switch in SBSettings dissapears after a respring/reboot.

Also very intresting: Mobile Terminal doesn't know the apt-get command.
    "su"
    "alpine"
    "apt-get update"
    sh: apt-get: command not found

Any help about these problems? Would be great!
    Greets,
    Fold

I have the same problem it happen to me yesterday, I have tried everything like u problem have. I don't know what's going on with ssh. Well basically I'm just letting u know your not alone, so it could be a problem with ssh itself. Hopefully somebody can give us a exact answer. O yeah I'm using WinSCP

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You need to install APT for the apt-get command to work. This has always been the case.

should i got to cydia and get it, is that the exact name

Ok i did that and it still does the same thing is says "Server unexpectedly closed network connection" the only way it seems to work is by reinstalling openssh and even after that it only works for about 30 sec and starts doing it again by showing the same error "Server unexpectedly closed network connection" Any idea what else i could do beside restoring.
    Last edited by Silvercelica18; 2010-05-08 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    You need to install APT for the apt-get command to work. This has always been the case.
    thanks for your answer.
    ok so there's no way of reinstalling cydia without restoreing?

what about ssh? any tips?

you can reinstall cydia without with restoring but that's not gonna fix the ssh problem, from what i've heard you have to restore your phone and the jailbreak the it should work again. Me on the other hand i'm not restoring because it take to much time and im just gonna wait for the 4.0 firmware to come out before i restore again lol. for right now I use ifunbox to ssh, because u can use your usb cord to connect instead of the wireless connection. If u decide to use ifunbox make sure you go to cydia and download afc2add

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fold View Post
    thanks for your answer.
    ok so there's no way of reinstalling cydia without restoreing?

what about ssh? any tips?
    Try deleting all the files (NOT the partial folder) in /var/lib/apt/lists - if there's a problem with a corrupted file, I believe that should fix it. Worst case scenario is that is just doesn't fix the crashing.

How did you jailbreak initially? If by blackra1n, do you still have the blackra1n icon? If so, you could just delete Cydia and then reinstall it.

I don't know how to do it specifically, but if you have iFile or can install .deb files from MobileTerminal, you should be able to copy over the program that will give you the apt-get command. When you've done this, from MobileTerminal you can remove Cydia and then install again it afterwards. Problem is, I don't know which file gives you the command. Usually, I install 'APT 0.6 Transitional'. This gives me what I need to run the command. However, I don't see that in the list of .debs on Saurik's server here: Index of /debs/

If I were you, I'd try to install a few different ones, starting with the newest apt 0.6 or 0.7 and then try the command after each install. Sorry I can't be more specific.