Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4G compatible with Iphone 3g/3gs?

Exclamation Iphone 4G compatible with Iphone 3g/3gs?
    Hey I was wondering about getting a new iphone 3g/3gs, but I heard the iphone 4g is coming this summer, honestly im not waiting for it...

But i was wondering that since they start making apps that are compatible with iPhone 4g, will they still work on the 3g/3gs? what about 4g themes?

Does it depend on the OS, so if I upgrade my 3g/3gs to iphone os 4.0 (which i think already comes on the iphone 4g), will the apps/games/themes still be compatible with the 3g/3gs?

The next gen iphone hasnt been released or even proven to be real. Obviously nobody is gonna know until it does get released. And software isnt phone specific, it is OS specific and would depend some on hardware.

Is there an apps to enable a 3gs do as 4g

iPhone? More like MyPhone babydol's Avatar
    Thanks

huh?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If there were incompatibilities (doubt it tho), making an app made specifically for a certain phone will most likely require editing app files. Theyve done so for Netflix from iPad to run on a 3GS, tho battery drain is extreme in that case.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Yea 4.0 games will work on 3.0 just they won't be utilizing as many features as the iPhone 4