Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: (3): iPhone OS 4.0 Beta 3 - all about this update + media

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MacDevil7334 View Post
    ^-- That feature has been in previous betas (or at least the toggle in settings was there). However, I don't know if the feature was actually working in earlier betas.

One other thing to add to the front page list: you are still unable to backup the phone in iTunes. (For all you folks rushing to update, this means that you will be unable to backup any notes, texts, etc. that you receive while using this beta).

Also, to allay concerns about battery life, I decided to test by leaving my phone off the charger last night and the battery only drained from 100% to 97%, which is normal. So, I don't think there are any battery life issues with this beta.
    yep-- i can confirm that there are no battery issues.
    i guess yesterday i was using my phone a good amount with realizing how long i was taking.

as far as backing up goes, you actually need the SDK to do so. Im thinking that apple did this on purpose because they are trying to discourage non-developers from upgrading. of course, im not positive, but thats the way it seems because its been like that since the first beta.

thankfully i have an sdk. but im going to add that one up there to the front list, not necessarily as a bug but as a precaution, because they definitely would have fixed a "bug" that critical by now if they wanted to.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

I need to know if you can sync the iphone now with itunes, I used to be on os 4.0 beta 1 and Itunes wouldn't let me (incompatible).

Anyone can answer me please

Thanks

^ you've always been able to sync. its the backing up that isnt avail unless you have the 4.0 sdk.
    if you werent able to sync in beta 1, that was likely a bug, and they probably had it fixed in beta 2.

beta 3, like i said before, is pretty much almost flawless. havent really found a bug yet.
    -[r]

Quote Originally Posted by ForumSnoBorderRK View Post
    ^ you've always been able to sync. its the backing up that isnt avail unless you have the 4.0 sdk.
    if you werent able to sync in beta 1, that was likely a bug, and they probably had it fixed in beta 2.

beta 3, like i said before, is pretty much almost flawless. havent really found a bug yet.
    yes sorry i couldn't Backup in beta 1, so beta 2 & 3 are ok for backups

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zerobrand View Post
    ...so beta 2 & 3 are ok for backups
    NO.

beta 1, 2, and 3 are NOT ABLE to backup in iTunes WITHOUT 4.0 sdk.
    you need the 4.0 software development kit in order to back up in iTunes.

i updated the first post with info.
    Last edited by ForumSnoBorderRK; 2010-05-05 at 09:54 PM.
    -[r]

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ForumSnoBorderRK For This Useful Post:

zerobrand (2010-05-05)

NO.

beta 1, 2, and 3 are NOT ABLE to backup in iTunes WITHOUT 4.0 sdk.
    you need the 4.0 software development kit in order to back up in iTunes.

i updated the first post with info.
    oh ok i see, my iphone's udid is registered but i don't have the sdk.

thanks a lot ! =)

Looks very cool, cant wait

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, I've had all day to play with it at school and after. I'm extremely happy with the feature set and stability. The new mail app is 100 times better. I can't wait until third party apps start to take advantage of the multitasking features.

Quote Originally Posted by cashrox View Post
    Ok, I've had all day to play with it at school and after. I'm extremely happy with the feature set and stability. The new mail app is 100 times better. I can't wait until third party apps start to take advantage of the multitasking features.
    Yeah i've been field testing too. Works great as far as i can tell. 3 hours and 36 minutes of use and im at 51% battery. Played Jelly Car and Ow My Balls in Trig for about 30 minutes and have been texting and calling all day so battery life is great. Apps haven't crashed at all.

Thanks

yeah no battery issues thankfully.
    still really havent found a bug.

i think this will probably be the last beta thread i do because there wont be any point on doing anything after unless they release new features.
    -[r]

This is a great beta... It seems like a complete OS. The only thing missing is for apps to start supporting multitasking. Right now the feature is kinda useless...

BTW Anyone have a link to the SDK 4 beta 3? I don't have a dev account and the only link I found was to some crappy torrent that'll take years (literally) to finish downloading...
    Last edited by rodiak; 2010-05-06 at 01:32 PM.

Wow.. thanks for the spam..
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2010-05-06 at 04:24 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rodiak View Post
    BTW Anyone have a link to the SDK 4 beta 3? I don't have a dev account and the only link I found was to some crappy torrent that'll take years (literally) to finish downloading...
    you need to be a developer to get it legally. soooo illegally, you really wont find any links of that sort on this forum haha.

good luck
    -[r]

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ForumSnoBorderRK For This Useful Post:

MacDevil7334 (2010-05-08)

you need to be a developer to get it legally. soooo illegally, you really wont find any links of that sort on this forum haha.

good luck
    Figured as much... Although I don't see how getting it is such an illegal move... I mean it is going to be released for free in a month (most likely)...
    Last edited by rodiak; 2010-05-06 at 09:38 PM.

^ 4.0 will the SDK will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichwohneinloche View Post
    ^ 4.0 will the SDK will not.
    Doesn't Apple release a free version of their SDK (stable release)? I know I can download SDK v3 (free version) right now without enrolling in the Dev program...

i was unaware of that. maybe they do. im not really on the dev side of iphone. i just test stuff. lol

Thanks

yes, you are able to download a free sdk of 3.1.2, etc... right now if you registered yourself as a non-paid developer.

so i would think when 4.0 does come out, the sdk will likely be free as well... cant guarantee, but its free right now for current software.

the reason why its not free right now is because its really for people who already have apps in the app store, so they can update their software and bring it up to speed/compatibility with 4.0. all of which have already paid the $100 developer fee and are enrolled in the actual developer program
    -[r]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I may have found a bug, if anyone else can confirm. When playing a youtube video I can't make the video controls (pause rewind fast forward) pop back up once they fade away, by tapping the screen. Also it appears to me that many apps that import pictures from the camera roll to edit them, don't work with beta 3.

I have found a small change: in the maps app, the "locate me with compass" button has been changed to match the new "locate me" arrow button style. In the last beta, the regular "locate me" button had the new arrow on it, but if you hit it again to add the compass to the map, the button reverted back to the old one with the cross hair from the 3.x days. Now it too has an arrow. Not a big change, but still.

For the record, I actually liked the cross hair style better. At least it matched a graphic seen in the app. The arrow doesn't seem to bear any resemblance to a maps feature, since the app doesn't support turn by turn directions.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast