Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Despretely need help!! 2 Huge issues on my iphone HELP!!

Exclamation Despretely need help!! 2 Huge issues on my iphone HELP!!
    I have 2 very huge problems with my iphone 3gs right now and despretely need any help or advice. First and most important is that after getting some recent updates in cydia and unistalling stack V3 I was playing a game from the appstore (UNO lol) and my iphone ran out of battery. Then I plugged it in immediately and instead of showing up with the apple logo the screen turned completely white. I waited a while and then tried pressing the home button and it turned a dark grey. I pressed it again and it made the custom sounds I have and acted like the screen actually showed up although it never did. So I was pissed of and rebooted and this time the (pwn)apple logo appered and it booted up into safe mode. I then resprung out of safe mode (still plugged into the charger) and it turned on everything looking normal. However when I clicked on the screen (using protapper so it shows where I hit the screen) the protapper icon showed up all over in like 5 different places constantly setting off all my activator actions at once and like screwing up everything. I painfully tried for like 15 minutes to uninstall apps I thought cause this like quickscroll 2 (wasnt showing up or working currently) and protapper which were both really hard to remove because i could hardly type without hitting 20 different keys at once. So I tried rebooting 3 times with no luck so I went to bed. After I woke up this morning I took my iphone off the charger and everything was working (almost- see problem #2) perfectly. I then plugged it back in and it was once again completely screwed up. Now every time I plug my iphone in it gets like that. I have no idea how it got this way or what could be causing this as I have 75+ mobile substrates and over 100 cydia apps.
    Ok onto problem #2- this isnt quite as bad but its extremely annoying and its been happening for a while but just got twice as bad. Every time I install an app from cydia, rock, inst*****, the app store, or (more than one) update from the appstore my iphone automatically resprings (not into safe mode) regardless of whether it says return to cydia or rock. This also occurs when my iphone freezes, or recently, randomly when using safari or mail and even on springboard. (mostly when i hit buttons like post quick reply). Im pretty sure it started getting worse after I installed weather elements HD V3 with 60 second lockscreen and thinking that was the issue uninstalled that and installed 20 second lockscreen with no luck. These are really serious issues and I cannot afford to restore and lose everything .
    If anyone can help in anyway (other than saying to restore) it would be greatly appreciated. If it is nessisary I can take screenshots in cydia of my installed packages and post it here.

honestly a restore may be ur best option in this case. its not too hard to get everything back to how it was, just make a list of good cydia apps and such. maybe this way u can clear any junk u dont use off too

(i suspect rockapp is the problem -.-)

yeah I kinda figured this is what people would say. But I just have so many customizations and ssh mods and overclockings and themes and over 100 cydia apps and so many mobile substrates as well as over 480 appstore apps that would take days to restore and all of my cydia stuff that would simply take to long to get back to how I have now. I just dont have that kinda time right now with studying for AP exams and tons of homework. I despretely need a solution to this without restoring. Because if its two of my mobile substrates conflicting then restoring and reinstalling them wont fix anything. The sad part is that I constantly use all the "crap" I put on here and cant live without it lol. And it not rockapps fault although I did experience that 0mb on /var issue with rockapp that nearly forced me to restore until I deleted the rockapp log

Oh and forgot to mention... I cannot sync with itunes (except in safe mode) without it respringing several times and eventually going into safe mode
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-05-02 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I agree with fanaticD, once you have the time you will need to restore. I am almost certain, that the amount of cydia apps and mobile substrates is to much of a demand on your jailbroken iPhone. I have jailbroken 3 times because of having so many cydia downloads and iphone kept crashing, etc. twice i restored and this time i have only got the most esential cydia downloads and a very basic winterboard theme (Glassklart) and ive had no problems in 3 month. (This jailbreak is on 3.1.3 with redsn0w, the other 2 were with blackra1n on 3.1.2)

wow man i came to help but have no help to offer you=( that is alllll screwed up!=(

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

^ same! haha

i also agree with phanaticD.
    but an easier step to backing up your cydia apps is logging into SSH, then backing folders up onto your desktop in an organized fashion so you know where everything goes when you jailbreak again. this is what i did one time when i restored because of a bug on my phone. like i said though, make sure you're really organized and know where each thing goes, so make multiple folders, for example a themes folder. (and maybe even leave a note in that folder on where the exact location of those themes were found in ssh so you can replace it-- obviously, the themes folder is probably the easiest to access but thats just an example)

good luck.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

wow... just wow. Lol problem #1 solved. Just plugged it in and it its no longer messed up. Maybe it was from removing protapper. Or maybe it was when I finally won in UNO lol.

problem #2 still active and annoying but havent had the random resprings in safari yet so other than resprings after installing stuff I think Im pretty much good :/
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-05-02 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iphonerookie View Post
    wow man i came to help but have no help to offer you=( that is alllll screwed up!=(

Dude... Your signature is Rediculous...

iPhone? More like MyPhone davesnothere11's Avatar
    Thanks

Since you experienced the rock app overloading your memory it probably corrupted data for other things as well. I experienced this with 2 phones that rock overloaded the memory on. Even after fixing the rock issues I had to restore both ( minus Rock from now on)
    sorry but resore is probably your best solution when you find time and I recomend clean new installs of the apps

yeah but i think the issue was... dang now that I think about it it might have started happening after the rockapp issue. Thanks davesnothere11. Any ideas on what files that couldve been corrupted to cause this? I just cant restore thou because this little annoyance doesnt compare to the annoyance of restoring.

yeah because it got to the point where it said 0 mb on /var in sbs and my icons started disappearing...
    Last edited by SnowLeo; 2010-05-03 at 05:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I think it varies what get messed up. I could pinpoint any certain files. I was getting crashes on safari, SMS, mail, and other stuff that had been ok prior to overfilling the memory. I also had this happen once when my iPhone was nearly full with music and I downloaded a movie. I got an error message about no more memory and things went screwy all around.
    Restoring sucks but you get a nice new snappy system afterward. It helps to use an app that'll back up your cydia stuff just make sure to re add all custom sources before restoring those apps.
    Good luck to ya !

oh thanks yeah ive gotten crashes in all of those as well as resprings. ill consider restoring when I get the time

Green Apple
    Thanks

That's what happens when you install cracked apps and cracked subs.

Thanks

^ +1 ya! You tell em!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PhanaticD View Post
    ^^^ stfu hater.
    Looks like you the h8er,LMFAO.