Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't delete apps - no "x" appears

Default Can't delete apps - no "x" appears
    For some reason the little ĒxĒ to delete apps no longer appears on my 3GS. When I press and hold on icons they will start to wiggle as usual, but thatís it. Any ideas what could have happened and how I can address it? I havenít really installed anything out of the ordinary lately, just some odd App Store apps.

Any please donít say restore... not again

Thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsson View Post
    For some reason the little ĒxĒ to delete apps no longer appears on my 3GS. When I press and hold on icons they will start to wiggle as usual, but thatís it. Any ideas what could have happened and how I can address it? I havenít really installed anything out of the ordinary lately, just some odd App Store apps.

Any please donít say restore... not again

Thanks!
    I would try resyncing with itunes!

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    I would try resyncing with itunes!
    Already tried that; it was the only way to remove some apps. Any other ideas?

Hold both the sleep/power button and the home btton for 15 seconds or so until the apple logo appears, ignoring the "Slide to power off" part. then wait for the iPhone to switch itself back on. This will sort the problem.

Did that and there’s no change. Any reboot or respring makes no difference unfortunately.

Problem solved - it was my own doing. I use iProtect (great app, incidentally) and had managed to enable the "Disable app deletion" option