Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bottom row of buttons/icons don't work! [video]

Unhappy Bottom row of buttons/icons don't work! [video]
    *Video link is at the end if you are totally ADD like me*

Hello all. I have looked around for quite a while both on this site and others, and have not even encountered this problem, let alone an answer.

The problem, in short, is that pressing the icons on the springboard, or the bottom row of icons in any app (such as Top 25, Search, etc. in the App Store) simply don't do anything. I know it's not the physical touch screen, as the "slide to unlock" works just fine, and pressing the Safari or phone icons in the same exact spot on the home screen results in zero response from the iPone.

The problem is occurring on a 2G iPhone, currently running 3.1.2 with Blackra1n, however, the issue persists when I restore to the official 3.1.3. The order of events here were upgrading to 3.1.3, farking around for a couple hours until I discovered I could downgrade to 3.1.2 and use Blackra1n to jailbreak. Since then, I've jumped around between official 3.1.3, official 3.1.2, and jailbroken 3.1.2. I've also tried each with and without an AT&T SIM installed. Of course, I've restarted many times.

I took a video displaying the problem with my 3GS and uploaded it to YouTube. Please check it out, the link is below.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBJVqSJmIrY]YouTube - iPhone 2G issue - need help![/ame]

Edit. Look at that. It automatically embedded. That's pretty neat of you, forum.

your touch panel is faulty
    mine was too i got it fixed for 45