Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS constant reboot problems after crash every 3/4 weeks

Default iPhone 3GS constant reboot problems after crash every 3/4 weeks
    Hello,

I have a 3GS on 3.1.2 with old iBoot, jailbroken with Blackra1n RC3. Ever since I bought the phone I have been having this issue where my phone just randomly switches itself off and when I power the phone back up again it just falls into a reboot loop where the apple logo appears and then phone shuts off. I cant get back into it through SSH, iReb, iRecovery or anything such. Although it goes into recovery mode fine when i keep hold of the home button and I am able to restore everytime.

I have tried installing no Cydia apps on occasions, some versions of Redsn0w, even tried sn0wbreeze on 3.1.3 but same problem.

I really dont want to go apple and get a new phone because I enjoy the untethered jailbreak and unlock, and they are only going to give me one 3.1.3.

As you can imagine, if the phone dies on me in the middle of the day it can be a real pain in the neck! I have searched for hours on end everytime it crashes for a fix (Im currently on my seventh restore)

Has anybody else have this problem, if so, any solutions.

I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE THE HELP!! THanks in advance.

Anybody? ...

Had to restore for the eighth time today? This time Safari refused to open, so I respringed, Safari was still crashing springboard and not opening, so I then Rebooted and then it fell into the "Loop" again?! Please, has someone experienced this and come up with a solution. I honestly feel to chuck this phone out of the window! :@

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sam2k01 View Post
    Hello,

I have a 3GS on 3.1.2 with old iBoot, jailbroken with Blackra1n RC3. Ever since I bought the phone I have been having this issue where my phone just randomly switches itself off and when I power the phone back up again it just falls into a reboot loop where the apple logo appears and then phone shuts off. I cant get back into it through SSH, iReb, iRecovery or anything such. Although it goes into recovery mode fine when i keep hold of the home button and I am able to restore everytime.

I have tried installing no Cydia apps on occasions, some versions of Redsn0w, even tried sn0wbreeze on 3.1.3 but same problem.

I really dont want to go apple and get a new phone because I enjoy the untethered jailbreak and unlock, and they are only going to give me one 3.1.3.

As you can imagine, if the phone dies on me in the middle of the day it can be a real pain in the neck! I have searched for hours on end everytime it crashes for a fix (Im currently on my seventh restore)

Has anybody else have this problem, if so, any solutions.

I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE THE HELP!! THanks in advance.
    If you know somebody with a Mac you could use PWNAGE Tool 3.1.5 and take it to firmware 3.1.3 and not loose your unlock!

I use PWNAGE Tool and have never had any problems!

thanks, will do mate!