Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can you change your carrier logo on 3.1.2 on a 3GS?

Default Can you change your carrier logo on 3.1.2 on a 3GS?
    So can you? Ive tried a few ways, and had no luck. The only way I can change it is with MiM.

Thanks
    I use the app in cydia called Fakecarrier essentially the same thing as MiM but with a few extras.

yes you can, and i'm going to tell you how:
    First find two carrier logos (in the right dimensions which i believe is 63x20) a coloured one (name this Default_CARRIER_IPOD if you are on an iPod Touch, or Default_CARRIER_*Your Carrier* {ex. ATT or ROGERS} if you are on an iphone) as a .png file
    Now take the black and white one (name this the same as the first except instead of "Default" make it "FSO" {ex. FSO_CARRIER_ATT}) as a .png file
    Now make a folder called *Anything*.theme in this folder make a folder called Bundles
    In that, if you are on a iPod Touch make a folder called com.apple.springboard, if you are on a iPhone make a folder called com.apple.*Your Carrier*_*Short form of you country* (ex. com.apple.ATT_US, com.apple.Rogers_ca or com.apple.O2_UK)
    in this folder paste your to images (make sure they are .png files)
    then SSH the origional folder (*Anyting*.theme) into //var/stash/Themes
    note: you must have Winterboard and OpenSSH installed for this
    MMi has a whole section for posting your custom carrier logos at ModMyi Forums - Downloads - Carrier Logos (the colour one and the black and white one normally come together)
    P.S. i put alot of work into this so it would be nice to press thanks
    Last edited by whereswaldo; 2010-04-29 at 03:49 AM. Reason: typos
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

4. The Following User Says Thank You to whereswaldo For This Useful Post:

hypertripo (2010-08-10)

Doesnt even work, so im not thanking.

I got a simper idea, take the two images (same name) then SSH into /System/Library/CoreServices/Springboard.app and you should find two images with the same name, overwrit them with the new images and then reboot your iPhone
    p.s. I suggest backing up the carrier logos that you will be replacing so just incase you make a mistake you can put them back

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by I Am Zak View Post
    So can you? Ive tried a few ways, and had no luck. The only way I can change it is with MiM.

What carrier logo you want!

The reason I ask is there is a bunch in Cydia!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 2010-05-01 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost