Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4G/3GS VS HTC Desire

Default iPhone 4G/3GS VS HTC Desire
    time to get a new phone and im distraught between waiting for the new iPhone or get the new desire.... i know reposnses will be a bit biased. but what you guys think and help me make a decision

thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Well since the new iPhone isn't out yet and we have no specs it's hard to compare the 2. The desire has an amazing AMOLED screen and a fast processor. Expandable 32GB memory slot is nice. It runs Android which is a million times better than Windows Mobile so that's a plus. The hardware is going to be virtually equivalent IMO. It's going to come down to absolute user preference between Android and iPhone OS and the specific apps you use. The eminent jailbreak of the new iPhone is the ultimate tip of the scale though for me.

thing is i can get the htc for free and the iPhone will costs lots even on a medium/high tariff so i prob wont buy it for at least 3months after launch and i can guess its still not going to have driod qualitys straight out the box, maybe after an update... only thing thats making me hesitate is the music sync factor. if it sync'd with iTunes that be awesome as its so easy and it works, well on the iPhone anyways

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No doubt there will be android released for the iPhone 4g at some stage if the os comes down to the deciding factor

But as said above it is hard to compare the 2 because apple are so secerative

only new drioid handset coming is the EVO 4G but not coming to UK so doesnt bother me much... although its only a phone hey. more stressful than buying a car