Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Willing to PAY for HELP...3GS 3.1.2 backup restore

Default Willing to PAY for HELP...3GS 3.1.2 backup restore
    K my problem is....
    my iphone 3gs unlocked 3.1.2 went into the power apple logo loop.
    i have a ssh 3.1.2 and older ones on file according to cydia.
    but i have no way of getting them since diskaid inst recognizing when i plug it in.

i have a back up on itunes but i dont think that will help unless i upgrade which then ill lose my unlock.

So please help and if someone can manage to get me:
    -unlocked, jailbroke, and have all my contacts from my old backup.
    i will pay 10$ through paypal.

and if someone just wants to be nice and help that would be much appreciated. thanks
    No signature spam or links... Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

No need to pay anyone. Add Saurik's ip to your hosts file. In iTunes shift+click restore button and select the 3.1.2 ipsw.

Saurik's host: 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

And to download the ipsw check our downloads section.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cer0 For This Useful Post:

jcraven8081 (2010-04-21)

ok thank you very much...but another question...how to i add that i read somewhere its in windows drivers etc or whatever and i edited it and put that at the end after local host. is this right?

and could it be bc i already put it in dfu mode or does that not matter?

does it matter what itunes i have?
    Last edited by jcraven8081; 2010-04-21 at 02:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    No signature spam or links... Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

The newest version of itunes is fine. The hosts file is in C: \Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

look for ECID_Grabber and fw-umbrella-semaphore-222.
    Go to google do a search for How to backup your ECID SHSH file and How to Create Your Own Local iTunes Restore Server using your ECID.
    This will help you.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

If you are using Windows 7 you will have to move the Hosts file to your desktop to modify it. Windows 7 will not let you modify the file while it sits inside of the \System32 folder. Once you have added the text move it back into its original spot CWindows\System32\Drivers\Etc

I just did it 15 minutes ago and am syncing all of my stuff back to my phone. Always set it up as new

Default iphone
    hi,
    can anyone let me how to add this new host on hosts file and when i click on it it ask me which software i want it to b open with.which one shall i select.if i select office it shows some words and ips but wont let me put anything on it.
    i am not very good this kind of work so if someone can advise me step by step plz.
    secondly once downloaded ips firmware file what else do i have to do wid it run it or past it somewhere?
    thanks in advance.
    i have windows 7

hi,
    can you advise me on how to add this new host on hosts file and when i click on it it ask me which software i want it to b open with.which one shall i select.if i select office it shows some words and ips but wont let me put anything on it.
    i am not very good this kind of work so if someone can advise me step by step plz.
    secondly once downloaded ips firmware file what else do i have to do wid it run it or past it somewhere?
    thanks in advance.
    i have windows 7

hi,
    I did everything modify host file with notepad saved it.when i selected this ips on shift+restore it looked like its copying files but then an error came up"this iphone cudnt b restored.this device is not eligible for requested build".
    plz help
    Last edited by iphonestuck; 2010-06-06 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You've done something wrong in editing your hosts file. Make sure run notepad as administrator. Then open the hosts file. If try to edit the hosts file without administrative privileges I'm pretty sure it won't save.

To check and make sure you've done it correctly open up a command window and type in ping gs.apple.com. If it says it's pinging an IP address other than 74.208.10.249 you've done something wrong. Go back and follow the directions again

hi,
    thanks 4 ur reply and ur right it came up with diff ip with this ping command.as i have win 7 i moved host file to desktop,ran it as administrator and saved and moved bk to its place but on command prompt it still showing other ip(17.112.176.11).following is the host file after modification.
    # Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.
    #
    # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
    #
    # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
    # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
    # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
    # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
    # space.
    #
    # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
    # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
    #
    # For example:
    #
    # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
    # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

# localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.
    # 127.0.0.1 localhost
    # ::1 localhost
    # 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    i added last line plz correct me if possible.i appreciate ur help.
    shaz