Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 4.0 BETA 2 - All about this update

Exclamation Trouble installing os 4
    I can not install os 4 b 2 on my iphone 3-gs

help!!!!!!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If not already stated, I just wanted to mention that itunes 9.1.1 seems to have fixed the smart folder issue when syncing with itunes, all folders seem to be intact now.

It's me again.
    Just figure out I may post again after using 4.0 beta 2 for the fourth day and absolutely love it.
    I had only one minor problem where it froze on the second day, but powering off and on fixed the problem.
    So far so good (even if camera is not working).
    I will post more.

Thanks

happy u love it

I am not able to install os 4.0 beta 2 onto my iphone 3g-s. it keeps coming up with an error message (13)

hey guys i was stuck with 4.0 beta 2, i was trying to downgrade it to 3.1.3 using windows. and was getting error, did any1 had any success in getting it?
    plus was wondering does windows work now with 4.0 ?

i cant risk directly doing it since i only have 1 phone around and cant afford to mess it up with windows since i dont have mac anymore. hope some1 can help.
    thanks again

Thanks
    Thanked 17,646 Times in 8,026 Posts

No windows still doesn't work to do the update, but you can use the vmware method if you have a snow leopard disc handy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

@nil911:
    you're not downgrading properly. you have to go into terminal (or cmd) and enter some code as well as install an application that will help it downgrade (gets it out of the recovery mode loop and sucessfully finishes installing os).

google is your best friend here.
    same goes for you eboy.

just updated the list for once last time i hope.

this list on the first page is pretty much everything there is for this beta. ive been using my phone rigorously and havent found anything more than that. of course some apps in the appstore dont work properly with 4.0 yet, but i wouldn't consider those bugs, because thats the whole point of developers having betas-- to fix these.

going a little off subject, i know definitely that when i get the new iphone, i am only going to back up text messages straight up. ive already been reading up on the proper way to do this and it involves going into your backup files and copying over messages app backups into a new folder. my phone is just so sluggish sometimes, it doesnt feel like some peoples iphones when they first buy it. i hope its not my texts that are doing this, although i do have 3 generation of iphone texts on one hahaha.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

Installed 4.0b2 last night and am loving it overall.

A few more things I've notice that I don't think were on the first page.

- Notes syncing is working. I wrote a note on my iPhone and was very surprised to see it show up moments later in my Mac's mail app under my MobileMe account.

- Toggle switches don't always work. This is especially noticeable in the settings app (though I've encountered this when setting an alarm in the clock app as well). I've found that the toggle usually works if you just tap the side of the toggle you want. However, if you drag the toggle, it only registers the change about half the time. An example of this is for bluetooth, the toggle switch will show that bluetooth is on after being dragged, but bluetooth doesn't actually turn on. However, after a tap it turns on fine.

- The phone seems to be trying to background every app, regardless of whether or not you closed it with a double tap of the home button. Not sure if this is a bug or not, but it seriously clogs up the multitasking interface. Right now it is functioning more like a list of recently used apps, rather than a list of apps running in the background. I hope Apple fixes/changes this behavior in the next build.

- Adding a personal photo as wallpaper behaves differently depending on whether you do it from the settings app or the photos app. If you add it from the wallpaper tab in the settings app, the phone crops the picture in a strange way. I tried loading a wallpaper that I had already sized at 320x480 using photoshop. Worked fine from the iPhone's photos app, but the picture got cropped when I did it using the settings app.

Maybe more to come as I play around with it a bit more (though I think beta 3 will be along next Tuesday). I'm definitely excited about 4.0 after using this though!

4.0 also bring bluetooth headphones volume control and custom ringtone ringing in the bluetooth headphones.

I was wondering snoborder, when the 4.0 comes out of beta, how do I install it on my 3GS. Do you just click restore in itunes or do I have to do something with the dev tool first?

Quote Originally Posted by tekkfu View Post
    4.0 also bring bluetooth headphones volume control and custom ringtone ringing in the bluetooth headphones.

I was wondering snoborder, when the 4.0 comes out of beta, how do I install it on my 3GS. Do you just click restore in itunes or do I have to do something with the dev tool first?
    When 4.0 gets out of beta, you will be able to restore to it just like any other firmware. You won't need to have your UDID registered or anything like that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for getting back to me guys. I think I'm going to install it tomorrow night, unless there is any new reason I shouldn't The no on phone app updates sounds a bit annoying...

Thanks

yes, 4.0 does bring out bluetooth headphone functionality along with many many other features.

apple will release what is known as a "golden master seed" which is essentially the final product. it is usually released in the 2 week routine Apple has, which is probably a couple weeks after they send out the last beta for developers. when you upgrade to the gm seed, you have that final product, and do not need to do anything else from that point.

Quote Originally Posted by cashrox View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me guys. I think I'm going to install it tomorrow night, unless there is any new reason I shouldn't The no on phone app updates sounds a bit annoying...
    good luck man! if i were you id wait till this tuesday. you're already almost there to beta 3, which will probably be even more stable than beta 2, so id just wait it out. if you dont, you're going to find yourself upgrading again in about 5 days haha
    Last edited by ForumSnoBorderRK; 2010-04-30 at 01:09 AM.
    -[r]

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ForumSnoBorderRK For This Useful Post:

cashrox (2010-04-30)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quick question and maybe I'm just not understanding what has been said before; will this wipe everything and then restore? Or is it an upgrade to the current os?
    And if I do install tomorrow, when the new release comes out Tuesday will it be an upgrade or a wipe and restore?
    Last edited by cashrox; 2010-04-30 at 03:24 AM. Reason: thought of another question

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cashrox View Post
    Quick question and maybe I'm just not understanding what has been said before; will this wipe everything and then restore? Or is it an upgrade to the current os?
    And if I do install tomorrow, when the new release comes out Tuesday will it be an upgrade or a wipe and restore?
    it will always be a restore. although if you were to right click on your device in iTunes and hit "Back Up" you essentially shouldn't lose anything you had prior to the upgrade.

but yes, technically its a restore. you just need to "restore from back up" when it gives you the option to after the installation of the os-- which is a timely process (including back up, etc...)

Tuesday's beta will be the exact same process.
    -[r]

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ForumSnoBorderRK For This Useful Post:

cashrox (2010-05-01)

so, when will beta 3 be out?

Hopefully soon.
    I was hearing something like this Thursday but it could be just rumors.
    Internet is full of those...lol

Thanks

im pretty sure its going to be tuesday. they've started the trend on tuesdays for beta upgrades, although there has only been one; the past has shown it always lands on that same day.
    -[r]

Beta 2 keys anybody? For iPod touch 3G..

Just wondering if anybody has them...
    iPhone 3G 4.2.1 - iPod touch 3G 5.0 Beta 1
    Windows 7 - OS X 10.5.6

You might as well wait until beta 3 at this point. It's most likely going to be released on Tuesday.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234