Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OS 4.0 BETA 2 - All about this update

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

The baseband does not affect the camera, more likely something is wrong with your camera hardware. See if maybe there is a finger print or something on the lens, just give it a quick cleaning. If that doesn't work i don't know what else it could be.

Hi x98car you hv ur iPhone upgraded to OS 4.0?? Did the autofocus work??

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Yes, I am on 4.0.

Obviously i can't check the regular camera app since I am on beta 2 but the best camera app autofocuses just fine.
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-04-22 at 06:39 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davidthamwf View Post
    Anyway extra info: tried downgrade back to 3.1.3 (baseband stay as 05.13.03) but the camera autofocus not work either... There is no way to downgrade baseband (mine is 3Gs MC model with new bootrom) here's the question: does baseband affect camera functionality? The OS itself not counted?
    david, my autofocus/focus functions work completely normally and are functioning as they should be (as you can see in the OP video). I am on a 3GS with beta 2. Although I can not actually snap a photo, i can still operate the camera and view through it as if I normally would be-- the capturing part is where the bug kicks in.

I clicked around in a low light area to see if it would correctly focus, and it still did fine, so I cant really help you with your problem, but can assure you that the autofocus problem isnt on all phones.
    -[r]
    if you can, please [thank] me if i helped you or you liked what i said! :]

This is really annoying, I cant even get images saved from other apps or safari to set them as backgrounds.

Besides camera issues, does everything else works OK with beta2.
    I can survive without camera but I am curious can I multitask without a problem and use the apps normally.
    I so badly want this and can't wait till June.
    I will upgrade and test hack out off it if I can use everything else besides camera...
    Let me know....

@amusic
    Its fairly smooth compared to beta 1. Ive noticed than I can now stream podcast and have them run in the background when multitasking as opposed to beta 1 where it would stop. I have not tested all my apps but no crashes so far except the scion av music app was buggy this morning but its fine now. There are a lot less hiccups. Aside from the camera issue which sucks for me, it's not too shabby.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to carbona For This Useful Post:

amusic (2010-04-23)

Greatly appreciate...
    Can you go back to regular OS if all this gets really bad...

Thanks

@amusic,
    exactly what carbona said. the user in the previous page was having error saving photos from apps, but i dont think thats the case here-- although i havent tried it. Yes, you can not save from safari, but that and the camera issues is about it right now.

if you are that eager, i would honestly at the least advise you to wait till beta 3. even more bugs will be fixed, especially a bug as big as the camera/photo app defects.

You CAN go back to regular OS, and by that i mean 3.1.3, (not 3.1.2 unless you have shsh's saved by cydia and you reroute the new iTunes to check there for the restore signature) but your baseband will forever be upgraded-- meaning you will not have an unlock (so you can put another carrier's sim). Also, be warned that the downgrading process is kind of a pain. although its possible, you need to download a few things that will stop your iPhone from doing a recovery mode loop so you can start your phone back up, as well as you will need to enter some command lines in your command prompt (windows) or terminal (mac). I have already done this before, so rest assured you can downgrade.

What I find REALLY weird is that a STUPID friend of mine tried to downgrade from 4.0 and didnt ask me about it, but ended up going to apple genius bar and they gave him a new/refurb iphone 3GS because they couldnt get it out of recovery mode. that is SUCH bull! Lucky him...

PS, updated the list yet again with a few cool new features I found. check the original post for details.
    -[r]

Thank you guys.
    I already went and ask for a software and seat to test it out.
    I just can't wait for it...so much excitement...

Quote Originally Posted by ForumSnoBorderRK View Post
    What I find REALLY weird is that a STUPID friend of mine tried to downgrade from 4.0 and didnt ask me about it, but ended up going to apple genius bar and they gave him a new/refurb iphone 3GS because they couldnt get it out of recovery mode. that is SUCH bull! Lucky him...
    I did that too when mine was acting odd. And i even bought it used, so it worked out doubly good because i got a new one(well refurb im sure)

Quote Originally Posted by ForumSnoBorderRK View Post

what a sob. that's annoying. We should try that.

@amusic

ok some other minor issues I just found today. I was typing an text message and when you go to two lines of type then half of the last sentence is behind the keyboard. when you go to three lines it moves the message up so you can read what you are typing. As far as the podcast go, when streaming it gives the usual stream page but the cancel button is off the page, you only see a slither of the blue button. So if you want to close the podcast you are stuck. Because it does show iTunes in the multitask until you restart. Also the mophie battery case works more consistently. A very minor issue is when music from the ipod player is paused then you go back to it the player shows that it is playing but it's not. you have to play, pause, then play again. Minor issue but this is beta after all. The battery power in general seems better compared to beta 1.

Best thing to do is wait for beta 3. I will be going back to beta 1 for the camera deal for at least a week. I miss taking shots and being able to color correct in my different apps.
    Last edited by carbona; 2010-04-24 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

can anyone confirm on recharging speed for beta 2? Does it recharge faster for you all too, or am i just trippin out?

added another bug onto the wonderful list on the original post.
    -[r]

Just want to post back...
    I did upgrade to beta 2 and so far the only thing it doesn't work is camera and/or taking/saving pictures.
    I figure that will not work as many have posted about the same, and I can survive without it. Another thing I notices is that backups don't work either which kinds of scars me but hey it's my fault I wanted to test it out right...he he he
    I am still loving it so far and can't wait till the final release...
    I will post more if I found other problems...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by amusic View Post
    Just want to post back...
    I did upgrade to beta 2 and so far the only thing it doesn't work is camera and/or taking/saving pictures.
    I figure that will not work as many have posted about the same, and I can survive without it. Another thing I notices is that backups don't work either which kinds of scars me but hey it's my fault I wanted to test it out right...he he he
    I am still loving it so far and can't wait till the final release...
    I will post more if I found other problems...
    yep. backups only work if you have the actual sdk installed (mac only) from the developer tools @ apple.com. that was a pretty big pain... until i acquired the sdk.
    -[r]

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If you press the arrow on the Wifi network you are connected to and scroll all the way down, you will see an option for ipv6 support

I cant find the 4.0 SDK anywhere on google, and i dont have a dev account, can someone help me out?

BTW im on leopard 10.5.8

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm seriously considering installing the beta I have a dev account, but up to now I've only played with 3.x is the beta fairly stable except for the camera? I don't use the camera much anyway and folders look really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by cashrox View Post
    I'm seriously considering installing the beta I have a dev account, but up to now I've only played with 3.x is the beta fairly stable except for the camera? I don't use the camera much anyway and folders look really nice.

then beta 2 is the way to go. It still a little bit buggy since you dont use the camera that much then its worth it over beta 1. Folders is pretty handy but wish you could be more than 12 apps per folder.

Thanks

@cashrox- the first post will explain perfectly. if you think you can handle everything written in red, then you can update...

also keep in mind there will probably be different bugs for different phones...

update: added some more bugs.... haha, speak of the devil.
    -[r]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast