Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iKee Worm - you might have it and not realise!!

Default iKee Worm - you might have it and not realise!!
    Just lately I noticed my 3G battery was draining very quickly, which was odd as I get quite reasonable life normally. My SSH had also been playing up but again I assumed it's misbehaving was just one of those buggerance factors that we sometimes have to put up with!!! In fact I ended up getting DiskAid (which is so much less hassle to use) so had pretty much stopped using SSH anyway.

I was aware of this worm last year and I had changed the root password as a precaution but since recently updating the OS had forgotten to do the password again and never turned SSH on unless I needed it (which was rarely) so again had no reason to suspect iKee.

So I decided to do some checking. In SysInfo I noticed a process called Poc-bbot which I didn't recognise. A quick google turned up the iKee to my complete surprise. The odd thing was that I did not get the Rick Astley lockscreen, another reason I wasn't suspicious. iFile then turned up all the other iKee files so I immediately deleted them, uninstalled SSH and iPhone now back to normal.

The files were all dated 19 Mar 2010 so it's still going round and I strongly advise you all to have a look and check if any of these files exist (this is the A variant).

/bin/poc-bbot
    /bin/sshpass
    /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ikey.bbot.plist
    /var/lock/bbot.lock
    /var/log/youcanbeclosertogod.jpg
    /var/mobile/Library/LockBackground.jpg
    /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.saurik.Cydia.Startup.plist
    /usr/libexec/cydia/startup
    /usr/libexec/cydia/startup-helper
    /usr/libexec/cydia/startup.so

If the last three Cydia files have last modified dates earlier than the other files then they can be left otherwise you might need to reinstall Cydia. Uninstall SSH - reboot and reinstall SSH (if you use it). Google iKee removal for any further guidance.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to finepics For This Useful Post:

hazel.24 (2011-03-17), VampireV (2010-04-21)