Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Vibrate Only Option No Longer Working

Question Vibrate Only Option No Longer Working
    8gb, 3g running firmware 3.1.2 & jailbroken.

within the last month have noticed when phone is on alert (both ring & vibrate) & i use the volume button on the left side to turn down all the way (what was once off) the ringer & just have it vibrate it no longer does this. the volume bar now decreases down to one solid bar thus, the phone vibrates and rings @ level 1 volume.

can anyone offer some assistance as to why i can no longer turn the ring volume all the way down (zero - off) & just have the phone vibrate?

and don't think it's just mine as my buddies 16gb 3gS running firmware 3.1.2 & jailbroken won't do it either. though he wasn't aware of it ever doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by pigz View Post
    8gb, 3g running firmware 3.1.2 & jailbroken.

within the last month have noticed when phone is on alert (both ring & vibrate) & i use the volume button on the left side to turn down all the way (what was once off) the ringer & just have it vibrate it no longer does this. the volume bar now decreases down to one solid bar thus, the phone vibrates and rings @ level 1 volume.

can anyone offer some assistance as to why i can no longer turn the ring volume all the way down (zero - off) & just have the phone vibrate?

and don't think it's just mine as my buddies 16gb 3gS running firmware 3.1.2 & jailbroken won't do it either. though he wasn't aware of it ever doing it.
    nobody able to offer some insight?