Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help Getting Apple to Replace 3Gs please

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help Getting Apple to Replace 3Gs please
    So i bought a pretty much brand new 3gs and its not recognizing sim cards. Ive tried 4 different at&t sims.
    I called apple and they said its a hardware issue, and since its under warranty, i should bring it in to be replaced. Lol and id really like t replaced to be honest.

So my question is: What key words could i say to ensure that they replace it? And like what shouldnt I say?

-i just dont want to be like i bought it off craigslist, and them say oh sorry warranties are not transferable or something like that.
    -I also heard if you ask they will give you a phone thats on 3.1.2 or something like that.

Any comments please =]
    Last edited by Mizun0h; 2010-04-13 at 05:42 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The warranty goes off the purchase date and the serial number when they look it up. If you're an AT&T customer with ANY iPhone that is less than a year old they will replace it if it's a hardware issue. You should have no problems.

I had a phone that I got screwed over on a sale, and took it to apple. I told them: I bought this from a guy on craigslist, it worked fine until X days ago, and now the speaker doesn't work. There were no signs of water damage, they didn't care about transferring this or that, they simply replaced it.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream!

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

they dont care they just strip it down fix it and sell it to some one else or give it to a person like you as a refurb
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!