Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone os 4.0 restore problems HELP!

Unhappy iPhone os 4.0 restore problems HELP!
    Hello I need help on my iPhone 3g. When I go to itunes and start the upgrade it gets stuck on "Preparing iPhone for restore". It just stays there forever. What do I do!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sirius389's Avatar
    Thanks

you are using the iTunes 9.2 beta right?
    -Nicole

yeah I am also having this issue. It seems as if the restore goes as planned and once its so close it just freezes. On the iphone it goes half way and on the Itunes the bar goes all the way so close to the end during the restore its so ridiculous. I even just gave up and tried to do a regular restore with 3.1.3, and yes I am using the itunes 9.2 beta, but even if I downgrade itunes I wont be able to use the 4.0 GM. any help would be wonderful .....is there any third party app other than itunes to at least try to install this ipsw....im running on snow leopard.

ok I figured my issue out all I did was trash the itunes from applications basically uninstalling and then reinstalling the beta 9.2.....this allowed me to do a fresh install without any problems for the 4.0 GM....What I really want to accomplish now though is bypassing this stupid 1600 error trying to install the custom IPSW for the 4.0 GM from PwnageTool...if anyone has an idea to bypass that I would greatly appreciate it!
    Last edited by Ghandisok; 2010-06-09 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost