Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2g phone will not shut off

Default 2g phone will not shut off
    I jail broke a 2 iphone with 3.1.2 software, I could not get the phone to shut off, So I connected to itunes to do a restore i clicked the do not update window, But the sob's did anyhow to 3.1.3 now the phone can get and make phone calls but nothing else. and it is in emergency call mode with the languages continuously scrolling. I cannot get any icons to display all i get is the itunes icon on the top with a pic of the cable going to it. I have tried the power button holding both the power button down 20 seconds and then holding the power and the home button down together another 20 seconds then releasing power button and holding just home button down for 30 seconds. Nothing. I forgot to add when i did the restore it did show frimware 3.1.3, Is there a way to make 3.1.work. or am i screwed. I tried to use resnosw with the 3.1.3 firmware it will not recognize that , only will recognize the 3.1.2. Thanks if anyone can assist , or tell me who to contact

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

the 2g iphone can be jailbroken i believe. give it a shot. i dont think the 2g got the new basebands
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

Ya either use redsn0w 0.9.4 or downgrade to 3.1.2 and then use blackra1n