Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SBSettings shows 200MB+ free on /var, so..

Unhappy SBSettings shows 200MB+ free on /var, so..
    .. why can't I download any apps or take pictures? Literally, I can't even download a 200kb app. It gives me the old "There is not enough space to download this app. Please delete some photos or videos and try again."

I tried the Rock cache thing, but the filesize was small. I can't figure this out. I even deleted an 80MB app and then tried to download a 50MB app, and it wouldn't let me. I have been able to download some smaller apps now that I freed up that file, but I have a sinking feeling it'll be eaten up soon.

Running a 4GB iPhone 2G on 3.1.3, jailbroken with sn0wbreeze. Any advice GREATLY appreciated.

Possibly related: when I plug my iPhone into my computer to manage apps, etc, iTunes acts as though it's never interfaced with my iPhone before (though it has).

try restoring. jailbroken stuff just gets bogged down eventually. setup as new when it asks you and then resync contacts and stuff.

I know this thread is old but this problem still exists and it's one of the first results on Google.

Don't go through the pain of restoring. For some reason you need to have 200MB free on /var (check the SBSettings pulldown) and sync to iTunes to make the popup go away. If you go below 200MB again, the popup will come up back and you'll just to free up enough and sync again. Sucks but that's how it works until someone makes a fix.