Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone Contacts Help Please,

Default Iphone Contacts Help Please,
    Hey everyone,

So, my iPhone 3G took a poop on me, it kept on restarting but I managed to get it into recovery mode and restore it with a fresh 3.1.2 ipsw and synced it with iTunes. After that, I re-jailbroke it.

When I synced it with iTunes it asked me if I wanted to like, sync it with a previous backup and I had 1 where it had all my old info (Contacts, sms conversations, photos, notes, etc.) I clicked that one, but it didn't apply any of it.

I used a program called Iphone backup extractor for windows to extract my notes, sms conversations, and photos, but not my contacts

My backup is like a folder though, it's not an IPSW, it's a folder containing a lot of files in .mdinfo format, but I guess the extractor recognizes it and so does iTunes.

Since iTunes couldn't apply my restore correctly, I had to SSH into my phone and manually put back my sms conversations, photos, and notes.

The most important thing though, is my contacts and I can't seem to get them.

I know they have to be on there if everything else is on there but nothing is working or applying right I guess.

I extracted the AddressBook from var/mobile/library in the extractor, and then tried to apply it in my phone, but it didn't work.

Is the contacts saved anywhere else or is there another program I could use to get my contacts from this backup?

Sorry for the long story, just trying to be detailed.

Thanks in advance,

EDIT: Apparently, I imported my sms conversations wrong and now I can't send texts
    Last edited by Iceflame9; 2010-04-11 at 09:18 PM.