Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: who knows about contact photos?

Default who knows about contact photos?
    ok so when I sync my contacts (which all have photos attached) from windows address book to my iphone I find that in order for the iphone not to squash the picture up in the small preview box (at the top of a contact) I need to edit contact, edit photo, and just confirm the 'move and scale'. Once I've done that it chooses the central part of the 480x320 image to fill the square box at the top of each contact.

Whether or not I do this, when I call a contact or they call me, their 480x320 picture fills the entire iphone screen as I like it to do.

Other apps that use contact information like whatsapp just show an empty white box where the newly sync'd contact photo should be until I edit the contact, edit the picture and confirm the move and scale. Then the contact shows up.

I have a feeling this might not make sense, but I'd like to know what method other pc users use to get consistency with their contact photos.

Thanks,

Livin the iPhone Life screamforme02's Avatar
    Thanks

well if you contacts names are not set up the same as the way your other apps read them then that may be it. example last, first. i just put the persons full name in the first name box so i can never sync with facebook and stuff like that. i dont know if this will help, but u never know just an idea
    Hey! A Restore Never Hurts It's True!

Thanks for your reply. I think whatsapp pulls names directly from the iphone contacts in the same format.

My real issue is the fact that pictures do not appear in the correct proportions in the small preview until I go to edit photo and confirm the move and scale.